Coalfield @ Greenback Round 2

orngnblk

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well we were Loudons super bowl and they prepared for us since the end of last season and they came in with tons of confidence and we thought we were last years GB team and could just walk on the field and win.Well Loudon just whipped us in every aspect of the game.Our kids just didnt have the fire and gumption to do anything about it plain and simple.Losing is one thing but to be mercy ruled at home is UNACCEPTABLE!We all knew what was coming as soon as the game started,we have seen this team play at a high level for soo long and what we saw that night didnt even resemble our team.The Meigs game started the same EXACT way,we had no energy and no fight.Meigs county went up 2 TDs to 0 and then the kids started fighting back and the line play started clicking to a certain extent,we still couldnt sustain blocks for the running game but we could protect Carnes enough to get the passes off and we took the lead at half 20-19.We minus rushing for the game but 389 passing with an opportunity to win the game.The better team won that night but by the 4th we were starting to come together,steady improvement from week to week but playing the weaker teams has me worried about taking a step back.The next two weeks we need to make a statement if we can.Win or go home,playoffs arent for the weak hearted.

Thank you for the insight, it appears the Kees have really progressed since then. I watched some film, the competition regressed, however, what jumps out is the team speed is incredible. 23, 1, 20, 5 just to name a few are really speedy.