Greeneville @ Ac Round 2

DevilMan03

3 hours ago, Domin18 said:

The Gates stay open for all Mavericks. Greeneville fans can come in at 5:30. I recall at Greeneville, before they let AC fans into the stadium 2 years ago. They let all the Greenville fans in to get there seats on the visitors side first.

Lol Far from the truth. Gates opened at the same time 

On 11/10/2019 at 7:02 PM, BCsportsfan said:

This will be a great game! I'd like be able to see this one!

This game will be won in the trenches. Can ACs bigs handle Greenevilles line?  Who can establish the run?  If Greeneville is put in position to throw it, I like ACs chances. If AC is put in position to throw...we shall see...but so far the Hatmaker kid is on target!

So I’m new to CoachT but I’ve been following the forums for a couple years now. Yes I’m a Gville fan but I try to have common sense. With that being said if we have the same play book that we had at Betsy and only call 3 different play calls I do think we will lose. So let’s hope we find a bigger playbook between now and tomorrow night. 

1 hour ago, GDevils said:

So I’m new to CoachT but I’ve been following the forums for a couple years now. Yes I’m a Gville fan but I try to have common sense. With that being said if we have the same play book that we had at Betsy and only call 3 different play calls I do think we will lose. So let’s hope we find a bigger playbook between now and tomorrow night. 

That raises a very good question. Did Greeneville hold the cards in this game too. Will Greeneville come out again with that screen and drill the ball down field like all of last year. The Mavs defense is much better this year I think because of last years Greeneville game. 

My question is can this years Mavs break the Greeneville Curse? 

3 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

That raises a very good question. Did Greeneville hold the cards in this game too. Will Greeneville come out again with that screen and drill the ball down field like all of last year. The Mavs defense is much better this year I think because of last years Greeneville game. 

My question is can this years Mavs break the Greeneville Curse? 

W/L since 2015

38-9 55-9 35-31 42-21 

Outscored 170-70

How is this a curse?
Looks like Greeneville has just owned ac.
NO CURSE

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GDevils said:

I watched that game on local TV. I think Greeneville ran only 2 plays that game. LOL! It was either Youngblood up the middle or a quick slant pass to one of the WR's. LOL! That's the 2 plays I remember Greeneville running mostly in the game vs Betsy. It worked the 1st half but not the 2nd half. Greeneville was up 21-7 at the half & didn't score a single point the 2nd half in losing 24-21.

I think the calls were just like you said too predictable coming from Greeneville in that game. I have seen highlights of their games since & they still love those 2 plays. However, I think they know 2-3 plays on offense isn't going to win this game against AC. They better open it up or it's going to be a long night for the Greene Devils. Having said that I've predicted Greeneville to win 21-14 but this game could go either way. 

Normally I'd say Greeneville hands down but this year has made me re-think a lot. Outside of Devilman do Greeneville fans have a little bit of uneasiness? Greeneville can chalk up the losses to whatever but in the end they are both games Greeneville probably would have won previous years. AC always has a high powered offense and sure they might have taken a step back losing Martin however they are still efficient. This year very well could be a much closer game than anyone outside of AC expected. I do not see AC blowing out Greeneville and if AC wins it will be by a slim margin. That being said Greeneville could win close or by blowout, it's hard to tell this season. Going by that criteria I'm going with Greeneville by 7 as I can see this being a big first half for AC with Greeneville grinding away for the comeback

Edited by EHSTrack06

3 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Normally I'd say Greeneville hands down but this year has made me re-think a lot. Outside of Devilman do Greeneville fans have a little bit of uneasiness? Greeneville can chalk up the losses to whatever but in the end they are both games Greeneville probably would have won previous years. AC always has a high powered offense and sure they might have taken a step back losing Martin however they are still efficient. This year very well could be a much closer game than anyone outside of AC expected. I do not see AC blowing out Greeneville and if AC wins it will be by a slim margin. That being said Greeneville could win close or by blowout, it's hard to tell this season. Going by that criteria I'm going with Greeneville by 7 as I can see this being a big first half for AC with Greeneville grinding away for the comeback

No uneasiness here. We have a great coaching staff and despite what happen in the Powell or Betsy game I am confident they’ve gained something special from both experiences. Especially the loss to Betsy no doubt has woke up the coaching staff, and more importantly the adversity it brought to this team has brought them together even more and it will payoff when it counts. 

Offense-Greene has the tools/players to be very potent with running or passing. They will do what works best and if resistance comes the right adjustments will be made.    

Offense-AC Based on what I have seen they still like to sling it down the field and I’ll give credit to where credit is due. They are still good at it even with their new QB that replaced Martin. Their running game has been hit and miss, but their passing game has made up for that through prior games. 

Defense-Greene Has the speed and talent to defend the pass.  Dominant against the run.    

Defense-AC from what I’ve seen in my opinion is better at defending the pass this year than last year.  They looked to be about the same as last year with their run d.  

-Greene will need to get pressure on the AC QB and make his night miserable and keep their receivers in front of them. Rushed passes creates mistakes and turnovers.

-AC will have to shut the run down, and not get beat by the speed of Greene’s receivers.  

Both are really great teams and deserve to be in tonight’s game.  

Who’s coaching staff and team has prepared the best this week?  Who will make the right adjustments if a wrench is thrown into the game plan or adversity comes calling?  The team that makes the least mistakes on the offense and brings the heat on defense win.  Defense wins championships!  

I look for a great game tonight. Could it be a barn burner?

I like our Greeneville Devils in this one.  We have some experienced guys and others who have taken steps forward with their maturity and progress on the field.

GREENE 28

Ac 21

Edited by Romansfive8

On 11/12/2019 at 12:06 PM, B-Ball Fan said:

How's the seating at Anderson County?  From photos, it appears that all the seating is on one side of the field.  Does it often fill up?  Gates open at 5:30?

Seating is all on one side, you would be advised to get there earlier rather than later! Also, you can stand on the track on the visiting team side or the east end zone