South Pittsburg vs Clay County (Grider against this Johnson man)

Roy Dillard

On 11/14/2019 at 10:33 PM, Pirate2003 said:

I’d you’ve never been to SP for a game you need to come to this one. Regardless of the outcome we put on a good show. Get there by 6:00 tomorrow night for the pregame warmups. You don’t want to miss it. 

WoW!!! You are correct!!! Great venue for a small high school football game. I can really tell that the community supports this school and team. I left at halftime, but what a show. Good Luck the rest of the season!!! I'm in Knoxville heading over to the Carolina's tomorrow, have a great weekend.

7 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

What grade was their number 11?  He was showing up as one of the best LB’s or Strong Safety we’d seen all year.  Then he got on offense and moved the ball a little before getting hurt!  Crazy they are that young

He's a freshman. Him and 44 are cousins. They are both sophomore age though. They were held back in jr. High.

Either way, they are and will be very good ballplayers.

8 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

What grade was their number 11?  He was showing up as one of the best LB’s or Strong Safety we’d seen all year.  Then he got on offense and moved the ball a little before getting hurt!  Crazy they are that young

I think #20 was a freshman also. I'd like to watch this team again in 2 years. Clay County may be in the thick of it if they can get more kids out.

Good bunch of kid's from Clay that were way over matched last night, but gave it all they had and that is all you can ask from a bunch of good kid's. As far as SP goes, we missed our staring center, but the backup did a good job last night, and our staring D gave up a TD that should never have happened, so we have to stay mentally sharp at all times.  Got to get that more sharp crisp throw's also from our QB. He hasn't been as sharp the last 3-4 games as he was at the beginning. Have to learn you don't have to throw  the ball hard on every play. Also some of our other WR's  had alligator arm's last night, and we see why they are not getting the ball throwed to them.  Just need to get a few thing's cleaned up, but I would grade us out last night at  A-..  

1 hour ago, ThatTowerMan said:

I enjoyed meeting you Clay County fans that I met the other night. I know several of you said you didn't post here and only read the site but I just wanted to say you have a nice young team that will be good pretty soon. Also I can't wait to come hunting and fishing up there in your neck of the woods.

Towerman i hear the snipe hunting up there is real good i bet ole Ray would help you bag a snipe or two,word is he is an world class snipe catcher.