Haywood vs Ripley Rd2 rematch

Kruger77

Is this a mistake, or have I missed something?  Why does the TSSAA website show Haywood (Region 7's number one seed) traveling to Ripley (Region 7's number 3 seed) for round two?

https://tssaasports.com/sports/football/playoffs/

Class 4A Playoffs

Lexington at Springfield

Creek Wood at Hardin Co.

Haywood at Ripley

Crockett Co. at Millington

20 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Is this a mistake, or have I missed something?  Why does the TSSAA website show Haywood (Region 7's number one seed) traveling to Ripley (Region 7's number 3 seed) for round two?

Class 4A Playoffs

Lexington at Springfield

Creek Wood at Hardin Co.

Haywood at Ripley

If you click on the Bracket at the TSSAA website, they do not show a letter H for the home team in this game. It's an obvious error. This game has to be in Brownsville. Y'all don't want to visit Tiny Knee stadium, do you?

Edited by CHARGERFAN

35 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

If you click on the Bracket at the TSSAA website, they do not show a letter H for the home team in this game. It's an obvious error. This game has to be in Brownsville. Y'all don't want to visit Tiny Knee stadium, do you?

Hey Chargerfan.  I haven't exchanged posts with you in a while.  Congrats on Covington's win at Melrose and good luck the rest of the way.  As I told goldenpride a couple of weeks ago, I'm always cheering for former Big Ten members (as long as they're not playing Haywood).

I noticed there was no H for the home team in the brackets as well.  The guys who maintain the brackets must be from Dyersburg...lol.

Since this will be the 94th meeting between Haywood and Ripley, I would have to say I've been to "beautiful" Tiny Knee (both as a player and as a fan) numerous times.  I had much rather watch the game from the friendly confines of John B. Hooper Memorial Stadium.

27 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Hey Chargerfan.  I haven't exchanged posts with you in a while.  Congrats on Covington's win at Melrose and good luck the rest of the way.  As I told goldenpride a couple of weeks ago, I'm always cheering for former Big Ten members (as long as they're not playing Haywood).

I noticed there was no H for the home team in the brackets as well.  The guys who maintain the brackets must be from Dyersburg...lol.

Since this will be the 94th meeting between Haywood and Ripley, I would have to say I've been to "beautiful" Tiny Knee (both as a player and as a fan) numerous times.  I had much rather watch the game from the friendly confines of John B. Hooper Memorial Stadium.

Yeah, I think they have a weird stadium setup, where you can park your car on the East side or the North end zone and watch the game from above the playing surface.

Hope y'all end up in Cookeville.

On 11/9/2019 at 12:17 PM, stacmot said:

Class 4A Playoffs

Lexington at Springfield

Creek Wood at Hardin Co.

Haywood at Ripley

I felt sure it was a mistake, but my fears have been calmed.  The TSSAA has corrected their egregious error!

Thankfully, there will be no trip to Tiny Knee Stadium this year.

I've checked the action ratings and two score predictors.  According to those three sources, Haywood should be a 23-28 point favorite, but I'll take a win no matter what the margin.  Go Tomcats!

Edited by stacmot
  • Like 1

I just hope for a good game. Haywood has been very impressive thus far through their injuries. They are just a different animal. Coach Smith is doing a great job with the program. Ripley looks to be improved and seems to be more hard nosed and scrappy than recent years. Seems they may be headed in the right direction. Playoff time is weird sometimes and I am sure the Tomcats are looking for a blowout but hopefully its a good, clean, closer than the experts think game. Good Luck to all Teams tonight!

• Like 1