Cornersville @ Huntingdon

footballover

11 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

According to Mr. Croppy it was in the program at the beginning of the year. If playing Cornersville is your championship game, so be it. Each game, each week is the biggest game. I will agree on that. 

Edit...I guess all the talk about black Friday with LC isn't looking ahead either.

Not a championship of anything. Just looking to exorcise those demons and get that monkey off our back, so to speak. Once we take care of business this Friday, we will start looking to break that 3rd round curse we've had

9 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Not a championship of anything. Just looking to exorcise those demons and get that monkey off our back, so to speak. Once we take care of business this Friday, we will start looking to break that 3rd round curse we've had

So if you guys win, what have you accomplished? Defeating a "down" Cornersville team. For the third year in a row, Huntingdon is picked to win this game huge. Let's be honest, if Cornersville loses, it is expected. Will it hurt, you bet because our season is over. But, if Huntingdon loses....

At this point that monkey on your back must be a silverback gorilla. 

I have said and still say CV holds the mental edge in this game. It has been said that Huntingdon has ball on the ground issues and penalty issues. The frustrations of the last two seasons may rear their ugly head early, and if CV gets going early it may compound. 

Good luck. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jobres76 said:

So if you guys win, what have you accomplished? Defeating a "down" Cornersville team. For the third year in a row, Huntingdon is picked to win this game huge. Let's be honest, if Cornersville loses, it is expected. Will it hurt, you bet because our season is over. But, if Huntingdon loses....

I have said and still say CV holds the mental edge in this game. It has been said that Huntingdon has ball on the ground issues and penalty issues. The frustrations of the last two seasons may rear their ugly head early, and if CV gets going early it may compound. 

Good luck. 

Keep your prayers high, but your expectations low.. lol. 

No doubt about it, Huntingdon's Achilles this year has been fumbling the football.. However, we beat Milan after giving it away 4 or 5 times.. 

Mental edge? I say no. These seniors have one thing on their mind until late Friday night. Huntingdon has started slow multiple times this year, but i expect this game to be well in hand some time during the 3rd quarter. Earlier if cornersville doesn't have their A game. 

9 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

Wait a durn minute ! You mean to tell me The Corndogs done had Demons and Monkeys playing against yall ? Has the TSSAA investigated this yet ? I wonder if there was orchestration involved to get em to play ??? That took alot of trainin........

9 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

Good luck. 

Naw you ain't got no mental edge on the Mustangs. We were ready to play against Richland and we'll be ready against the Bulldogs. Mustangs are a veteran bunch w/ a bunch of 3 year starters that love to play the game. You ought to watch them practice, these kids are upbeat and focused. Coaches rarely have to get on anyone. You may beat us but it won't be because we're not ready to play.

All you outsiders can keep stirring the pot it's not gonna work. You can bring up old posts about coaching, about getting beat last 2 years by Cornersville about not making it past the quarterfinals when we were picked to win it all ITS NOT DOING ANY GOOD! This group of 17 seniors and the rest of the Mustangs are on a mission. They have been playing together for that gold ball since they were 4 and 5 years old. I expect nothing but a dogfight each week from here on out. I'm supporting our boys if you aren't get out the way!

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Wait a durn minute ! You mean to tell me The Corndogs done had Demons and Monkeys playing against yall ? Has the TSSAA investigated this yet ? I wonder if there was orchestration involved to get em to play ??? That took alot of trainin........

That's a good point.. Maybe I should drop one of those anonymous tips I keep hearing about to get this investigation launched. Some fishy business going on down there in Corndog land. They lost a few games this year to try and throw us off the scent. Ain't fooling me though!

Edited by sportsnutz
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Younguns said:

Here is Bart Durham’s number (615)-338-6177 he does free consultation because the dawgs are fixing to run over the mustangs!!! 

14 minutes ago, Younguns said:

Asking for a friend is the carpet still magical?!?

Welcome back... Just in time to get your dose as LC faithful would say.

13 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Also lost #7 Daquon Robinson who decided not to play his senior season. Probably the most exciting player I've witnessed and I've witnessed a lot!

What ever happened to #7 Dequon Robinson?  He was special.

Edited by Mtown38

1 hour ago, footballover said:

All you outsiders can keep stirring the pot it's not gonna work. You can bring up old posts about coaching, about getting beat last 2 years by Cornersville about not making it past the quarterfinals when we were picked to win it all ITS NOT DOING ANY GOOD! This group of 17 seniors and the rest of the Mustangs are on a mission. They have been playing together for that gold ball since they were 4 and 5 years old. I expect nothing but a dogfight each week from here on out. I'm supporting our boys if you aren't get out the way!

I am sure they were thinking about a gold football trophy 12 years down the road when they were 4-5 years old. I coached youth football. They are more concerned with planes flying over and the choo-choo train. 

• CoachT locked this topic