Cornersville @ Huntingdon

footballover

3 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Keep watching the community film. Similar offenses. We may have learned a thing or two since then.

I watched The Huntland film. Huntington has way to much team speed. Cornersville can keep bringing last year up all they want but they are not the same team. Huntington on the other hand didn’t lose anything. 

29 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

I am by no means a Swenson hater, matter of fact I’m the opposite. My pet peeve with the whole system is that if your going to run an old school smash mouth system then you need to be old school in fundamentals and discipline. I’m not one of these guys that thinks you have to air it out a bunch but you need to work the intermediate middle of the field a bit just to back the linebackers off. If he would just coach in the playoffs the same as regular season and not get so tight that will be a big improvement. I’m hearing some good things and hope we leave everything on the field. If we use the weapons available we will be a hard out. GO MUSTANGS!

I called it before, Mustangs bring out a different offense for this game and beyond, if there is a beyond. 

Edited by Jobres76

1 minute ago, Orangecountry said:

I watched The Huntland film. Huntington has way to much team speed. Cornersville can keep bringing last year up all they want but they are not the same team. Huntington on the other hand didn’t lose anything. 

Yeah, I saw that. 3-4 total compared to our 17. We have taken our lumps this year for sure and the Huntland game was one of them. Glad you got to see that. I don't think you guys have a Cameron reed on your team. Could be wrong though. 

2 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Yeah, I saw that. 3-4 total compared to our 17. We have taken our lumps this year for sure and the Huntland game was one of them. Glad you got to see that. I don't think you guys have a Cameron reed on your team. Could be wrong though. 

Huntington has a Hunter Endsley. Legit D1 athlete and prob the best kicker in 1A not to mention the other runningback is just as fast. 

2 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

Huntington has a Hunter Endsley. Legit D1 athlete and prob the best kicker in 1A not to mention the other runningback is just as fast. 

Who is playing baseball in college correct? So stop 9, stop 13, and block kicks, we should be good. I will pass that along...thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

I was just asking a question. They obviously did or they wouldn't have made it as far as they did. So what I was really asking was did they work harder this year?

I would say there has been more focus, similar to 2003 year. (Not that I making that comparison of teams)

The 2003 team had a great group of seniors.  They were eliminated in round 1 of the playoffs after going 9-1 in the regular season in 2002.  Focus was a little different the following year.

I would say focus has been a little better this year.  Senior leadership is a good thing.

• CoachT locked this topic