Red Bank at Upperman

crow6424

We all know how I feel. Sequatchie played then tough. Not sure if Sequatchie was injured or  had a bad game. But they were not competitive at all against Upperman. Signal mountain also played them much tougher. Upperman was their worst enemy last night. But Signal didnt pose much of threat. Uppermans youth will get better every week and their seniors are already some of the best in the state. Beware the bees. I dont imagine Red Bank will muster much against the Bees D. 

I see the honey bees getting the win, but find it interesting that in back to back games against Sequatchie, Red Bank holds the Indians scoreless and against the honey bees, the same Indians score 20 points. There's all this talk about the honey bee defense. I just don't see it. Someone will come back with, oh thats against the second and third team? If so, then that just shows and big drop off in talent,  or the lack of depth. Alcoa also brings in younger players early in their shutout games. Typically by the late 3rd qtr and 4th qtr a lot of Freshmen are playing. The Tornadoes STILL get the shutout. Depth and talent goes deep.

Looking at those two games Red Bank won by 21 points.  The honey bees by 24 points. Sometimes it is not wise to compare games against the same team,  because it comes down to how those teams matchup.  So, this may not be a cakewalk for the bees.

If this game turns out to be close.....beware,  Loudon had their way with Red Bank!

50 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I see the honey bees getting the win, but find it interesting that in back to back games against Sequatchie, Red Bank holds the Indians scoreless and against the honey bees, the same Indians score 20 points. There's all this talk about the honey bee defense. I just don't see it. Someone will come back with, oh thats against the second and third team? If so, then that just shows and big drop off in talent,  or the lack of depth. Alcoa also brings in younger players early in their shutout games. Typically by the late 3rd qtr and 4th qtr a lot of Freshmen are playing. The Tornadoes STILL get the shutout. Depth and talent goes deep.

Looking at those two games Red Bank won by 21 points.  The honey bees by 24 points. Sometimes it is not wise to compare games against the same team,  because it comes down to how those teams matchup.  So, this may not be a cakewalk for the bees.

If this game turns out to be close.....beware,  Loudon had their way with Red Bank!

Upperman’s defense is definitely better this year than it was last year no doubt about that and their offense is more explosive this year than it was last year however, and I’ve said this all year long, they don’t have the big running back that can get the hard 3 yards when needed or make the other teams defense question whether to come up and tackle after taking a beating for half the game.  That kind of player made the team better all around. Now having said that Upperman is probably the 2nd or 3rd best team in 3A IMO but Loudon and PC can also say that. Red Bank keeps this close for a half maybe a little more but after that the Bees will pull it out.  

Sequatchie defense in the first half played the best I’ve seen all year, they was getting to the ball quick. Coach also changed the offense up a little. The kickoff we fumbled hurt then red bank went down and scored. I’m happy how Sequatchie played. Red banks defense gets to the ball fast and you won’t really run against them. Not sure how this game will play out, both teams are great. Good luck to both teams

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Upperman owns space in your head LOL

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2019 at 8:03 AM, BCsportsfan said:

Crootin among a larger population should garner more depth for the 2’s and 3’s... aight