Round 2 - West vs Oak Ridge

MeritIII

34 minutes ago, catswild said:

OR is seriously overmatched in this one but I'll be there cheering on the Cats. If OR plays like they did against Powell, anything can happen.

Im expecting nothing less than Oak Ridge's best shot tonight...by the way how is the health of that young man who plays QB for the wildcats..I heard he got injured last week, Hate that for any kid especially a senior.

22 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Im expecting nothing less than Oak Ridge's best shot tonight...by the way how is the health of that young man who plays QB for the wildcats..I heard he got injured last week, Hate that for any kid especially a senior.

Not sure.  Game time decision for 14.  I think they are going to see how he warms up and then decide if he can go.  

22 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Oak Ridge's QB is a junior. The backup QB is a freshmen. The third string QB is in the Marching Band but she has a bazooka for an arm. I expect all three to see the field.

38 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

The QB is a junior and when Gaddis was asked on the Wednesday night TV show about the health of the QB, Gaddis simply said "he's fine"

1 hour ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Oak Ridge hanging in there!

We did for awhile, you’re right. We had it 14-14 in the 4th and had all the momentum with West backed up on their own 3 and they busted a huge 30 yard run, and it went downhill from there. Then, add in a few undisciplined unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on our guys and their OL finally wearing down our DL and you get 34-14.

I am really proud of our guys though. This was not the typical OR season, but the kids never gave up and fought till the death even to the very end tonight, but we were simply beaten by a better team. There’s a ton to look forward to as an OR fan. I’m really excited for the next 3-5 years to be honest. Seniors, thank you for 3 wonderful years and always giving it your all. And Jacob Adams, I am sure gonna miss watching that kid play. What a joy he has been to watch. And to the young Wildcats, bust your tails in the off-season. We have a lot of potential to be a very good team the next few seasons.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Ridge's QB is a junior. The backup QB is a freshmen. The third string QB is in the Marching Band but she has a bazooka for an arm. I expect all three to see the field.

I actually knew #14 was going all the way tonight. Mentioning the freshmen and band member was just noise to keep West guessing.

I think of all the many ( thousands ? ) of posts made this year about the 2019 Wildcats, Bounder's  go to theme of WILDCAT PRIDE sums up the team the best. His wisdom shines through even the darkest of Friday Night Lights.

Lady Wildcat Basketball is cooking up something special. Keep an eye out for Prepradio.com on You Tube. David has mentioned they may carry the streaming of games there. WOO HOO! RWR!