Round 2 - West vs Oak Ridge

MeritIII

Proud of Oak Ridge for getting better every week.This team looked awful to start the year and kept working and grew up.K.Jackson is so much better already than he was a month ago.But tonight we had to play a great game to win and made too many mistakes.2 dropped TDs killed us.Also you have 4th and inches on their side of the field 2nd qtr with about 5 min left and punt.Hated that call when Im the underdog needing to play to win.We punt only 2 allow a long TD 2 plays later.Couldve been tied at half if you pick that 1st down up or only down 7 if u pick up a 1st down or 2 and milk clock.Also the long QB run and he gets tripped by the turf monster and instead of scoring we end up getting no pts outta that.This Oak Ridge team is loaded with young talent and a really good group of 8th graders on the way.But Im gonna miss Jacob Adams.You could always count on him being all over the place smashing Rbs,sacking Qbs and running down guys you wouldn't think he could catch.Also Romano is a great kid and did a lot for us the past couple of yrs when healthy.And hated I.Johnson was dealing with some kind of injury tonight.He kept pacing the sideline 3rd and 4th qtr trying to get right and missed some big drives.When he come back in made some big plays.Thanks SRs and cant wait for the 1st scrimmage.

• Like 1

Hats off to the West High Rebels, Class Act and Championship caliber football team. 

Oak Ridge Wildcats:  Many miles traveled.  Many dollars spent. Much fun along the way. heckuva ride!  Thank you Seniors,  Coaches,  Support staff, Cheer, Band, Fans and Parents of all involved.  It was fun.  Can't wait to do it all over again.  Go Cats!

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

I think the story of our loss last night was West's two running backs the BIG one and the little one. The Mattress kid is a man among boys, he just runs so hard, he's hard to stop. And the little on is just fast and shifty. But our Wildcats have been together as a team all year and played their hearts out with WILDCAT PRIDE!! So proud of them. If WWA shirts were still around the whole team would have one this morning.

Only thing to say this morning is

WILDCAT PRIDE we got it!

Edited by bounder

I knew Oak Ridge would play hard and give West their best shot which they did. As I watched the game and Im not trolling when I say this...how did this Oak Ridge team lose to Fulton? Either way Oak Ridge played their hearts out and if they have that much talent coming back and more coming into the program...they should be right in the thick of things next year and beyond.

As for West - I was really disappointed in their tackling last night particularly in the first half. I knew Oak Ridge would get theirs passing the ball but I never thought West would allow that many yards on the ground.  They cleaned it up in the second half, more so in the 4th quarter, but still needs to be tightened up for next week. The turnovers and penalties last night also will need to be cleaned up as well, otherwise Powell will blow them off the field next week.

Positive - I will give credit to the tailbacks for West as they really played well last night and the receivers made some great catches along with yards after the catch.

Anyway glad there were no injuries last night and onto next week.

Go Rebels!

• Thanks 1

So now begins the Dark Age.  This is the time period between the end of ORHS football and the beginning of Spring Practice.  It's a long haul.  Thank goodness we have hoops to entertain us until we can crank it up and do it all over again.  It can't get here soon enough.  It wasn't a great year, but it was a fun ride.  Thanks again to all involved for their hard work and endless hrs of dedication to our favorite team.  Go Cats. 

Edited by oridgecat