Round 2 - Covington @ South Gibson

CHARGERFAN

25 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Covington travels well. I would guess that we had 200 or more at Melrose last week. We counted 35 in the Melrose stands.

I would think that we may take a larger crowd to SGC. We had some fans who weren't interested in making a trip to Orange Mound. Hopefully, Medina is less threatening.

Last time, in Medina, I remember well. Very nice facilities. I do recall having to stand on the sidelines most of the game due to the Covington crowd, we all seem to enjoy traveling up that way. I also remember that Syracuse beat Clemson that night. I was listening to that game on the way up there. I do plan on getting up that way earlier this time and paying a visit to the Main Street Grill. Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

I remember Covington bringing a good crowd last time they visited the Hornets nest. I got to talk and cut up with some of the Charger fans at halftime last game. All were very gracious, respectful, and good folks( not saying they do not have any in their group because we all do. SGC has some for sure ).  Its been a while since they were at the hornets nest! We were @ Covington 2 years in a row.

Remember that game well,it was my sons senior season. I think we jumped out 28-0 and cruised to victory . SG did have several turnovers to help our cause maybe y’all will be generous with the football again this game.

Edited by bglass
Grammar

36 minutes ago, bglass said:

Remember that game well,it was my sons senior season. I think we jumped out 28-0 and cruised to victory . SG did have several turnovers to help our cause maybe y’all will be generous with the football again this game.

It was my sons senior year as well. Turnovers killed us all season that year. We got the disease and never could cure it. I think Covington still would have won the contest but if we had not gifted y'all 3 free possessions it would have been a lot closer. 

Hopefully we continue to play clean football and not give y'all freebies this game. 

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Covington travels well. I would guess that we had 200 or more at Melrose last week. We counted 35 in the Melrose stands.

I would think that we may take a larger crowd to SGC. We had some fans who weren't interested in making a trip to Orange Mound. Hopefully, Medina is less threatening.

HAHA! 

I am going to leave it right there! I did laugh out loud. 

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

As I posted earlier, Covington will have Caleb Winfrey at linebacker, an addition since the earlier meeting with SGC. Having Andrew Scott playing some at running back vs. Melrose was another change made since our game with y'all.

Should we look for any significant changes on the South Gibson side?

Marcus Hayes (I hope I got that name right) was also healthy the first time y’all played SG. Yes you have some players coming back but if you have a not healthy Mr. football candidate that will be a big factor too. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Marcus Hayes (I hope I got that name right) was also healthy the first time y’all played SG. Yes you have some players coming back but if you have a not healthy Mr. football candidate that will be a big factor too. 

Don’t think Hayes has been 100% all year . I’m hoping he's back close after sitting most of the last two games we’ll need him to win for sure.

4 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

As I posted earlier, Covington will have Caleb Winfrey at linebacker, an addition since the earlier meeting with SGC. Having Andrew Scott playing some at running back vs. Melrose was another change made since our game with y'all.

Should we look for any significant changes on the South Gibson side?

I don’t know who #20 is for the chargers but when y’all came to McNairy  a couple of weeks ago #20 run the ball into the teeth of our defense all night and won. He hit the hole as hard as anyone I’ve seen. Would not be denied. Extended several drives with second and third effort. I was impressed . He had to have 30 or more carries and several yds. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I don’t know who #20 is for the chargers but when y’all came to McNairy  a couple of weeks ago #20 run the ball into the teeth of our defense all night and won. He hit the hole as hard as anyone I’ve seen. Would not be denied. Extended several drives with second and third effort. I was impressed . He had to have 30 or more carries and several yds. 

That # 20 was Andrew Scott. He does run hard. He plays on both sides of the ball.f

Edited to add these stats:

Andrew Scott had 160'yards rushing vs. McNairy County

He followed up with 153 yards on the ground vs. Melrose. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN
  • Like 1