Round 2 - Covington @ South Gibson

CHARGERFAN

11 hours ago, bglass said:

SG never really challenged after we gifted them first two scores!!

Not sure this is an accurate statement about a game that wasn't decided until there was only 30 seconds left on the clock. Covington did what they had to do to win the game just as SGC did in the first matchup. It was a great battle to watch between 2 really good football teams. I said it when these 2 played the first time, turnovers, special teams, penalties are the difference makers in games with teams evenly matched.  It was a great defense war. SGC had a great season and will continue to be in the top tier of one of the toughest regions in the state. Good luck to the Chargers in the games to come.

22 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Thanks. Y'all are headed to Cookeville, it appears. Hope to see y'all at Ralph's Donuts.

I’m not familiar with Ralph’s.  However, if  (and that’s a big if) we make it to Cookeville, I’ll definitely check them out.  Did you ever have donuts from the Kream Kastle (in B’ville) during the 60s?  They were the best!

I do want to congratulate SGC on a great season.  The Hornets were well-coached, disciplined, motivated, and consistent in every game they played. They have definitely established themselves as one of the best programs in Tennessee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

I’m not familiar with Ralph’s.  However, if  (and that’s a big if) we make it to Cookeville, I’ll definitely check them out.  Did you ever have donuts from the Kream Kastle (in B’ville) during the 60s?  They were the best!

Ralph's is a famous spot in Cookeville. It was there when I was a Tenn Tech student over 50 years ago. Yeah, I think I remember the Kream Castle too.