Whitwell at Gordonsville

Speeding2Live

2 hours ago, WCHS_Wildcats_#2 said:

Wow can’t believe a 2-8 Whitwell beat a 10-0 Monterey... that’s insane!! 

but I’ll go with Gordonsville in this game to face SP in Qtrs the following week.

Where u been stranger! Ya Monterey really sucked it up last night! Play calling was horrible!

45 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Gordy will end Whitwell’s playoff magic...or will they.

That’s the biggest question for this week. Will the Whitwell Tigers keep the playoff run going? Lol in all honesty win or lose you just have to take your hat off to them boys for hanging in there and sticking with it after a tough season pulling that upset! 

On 11/9/2019 at 12:04 AM, Speeding2Live said:

I'm sure Gordonsville is glad to save some diesel this week and play at home while Whitwell looks to continue their playoff winning streak. The winner of this game baring a miracle will travel to South Pitt next week. Was Whitwell's win against Monterey a fluke of Monterey looking ahead or is Whitwell going to pull a Livingston Academy and play every playoff game on the road in route to a second state championship. I will take Gordonsville for the win.

Livingston Academy went 5-5 that year but played a brutal schedule. They had losses to Trousdale County, Knoxville Catholic, Austin East, Smith County and Fulton. Those teams were a combined 52-14 that year. And lost those games by 2, 3, 7, 5 and 11 points.

Whitwell has lost to some bad teams. They lost by 35 to a 4-7 Signal Mountain team. They lost by 25 to a Bledsoe Co. team that Monterey had beaten by 19. They lost by 19 to Copper Basin who Gordy beat by 19. They lost 13-0 to a Sale Creek team that had been beaten by 23 against Monterey, 26 by Clay County and lost to Jackson County.

Whitwell likely got Monterey on a down night. And Monterey wasn't nearly as good as a 10-0 record would suggest as I believe they only played 2 teams with a winning record and Sonny Moore had them with one of the lowest SOS in the state.

On 11/9/2019 at 5:23 PM, TALMAD said:

Where u been stranger! Ya Monterey really sucked it up last night! Play calling was horrible!

From what I’ve read and seen of Whitwell, I really think that they must of caught Monterey on a night that was just a totally bad game all around for them! It happens but it sucks to happen in the first rd of the playoffs. 
 IMO, Whitwells playoff run ends Friday night unless the Football Gods smile upon them once again and Gordonsville has a horrible night!

I do happen to know one team that would emphatically welcome another visit from those Whitwell Tigers though....who knows, rd 3 could be a second round of redemption for those two losses last year! I believe the score would be worse the second time around though...66-6 left a sour taste in the head mans mouth! He would definitely want a shut out if they make it back for a visit!

This game should be a good one to watch if you like physical grind it out type of games. Not to throw shade in any way but neither team has much of a passing attack but both teams have good OL. It should be a ground and pound game on both sides. Whitwell has a lot of size on their OL. I know when they played basin this season, they pretty much had their way with our defense the first couple of drives but it seemed like they ran out of steam. They may be in better shape at this point, I’m sure. However, I think Gordonsville has the better line. Very sound and good technique. I’d have to give the edge to Gordonsville with skill players as well. Gordonsville’s defense really surprised me last week as well. I’ll take the G-ville tigers by 2 scores in this one. 

Edited by FrogMountainRambler

On 11/9/2019 at 11:59 AM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I’m picking Gordy in this one.  I think #53 and #54 for Gordy at tackle will handle those big slow Whitwell “all state” lineman, and allow Gordy to run off the edges.  I will say that the most impressive player for Whitwell that I seen was the kid that played LB or Safety.  I can’t remember his name but his number was a single digit.  

hey croz what grades are those two guys in?

Whitwell has 2 kids that could be.  One is a Condra and the other a Kilgore. 

33 minutes ago, rlh said:

Whitwell has 2 kids that could be.  One is a Condra and the other a Kilgore. 

Gordonsville line was pretty good but I believe they will have trouble with Whitwells defensive line, especially if those boys are in better shape. Condra is one of the better defensive lineman I have seen this year, he really gets after it!