South Greene @ Meigs County - Rd 2

MarsBlackmon

Here we go! 

A rematch of last year’s quarterfinals. 

Many may not know this, but these 2 schools, who are 143 miles apart, have a storied history of matchups over the last few decades - not just in football. 

Since the early 90s, Meigs has played South Greene in: 

Multiple girls state basketball tournament games

Multiple girls basketball substate games

A boy’s basketball substate game (thriller)

A baseball substate game

A girls volleyball substate game

Multiple state football playoff games. 

Should be a decent game.

Meigs County 10-1 

Points for 430

Points against 76

Common opponents: Rockwood

Meigs 42 Rockwood 7

South Greene 20 Rockwood 7

South Greene 10-1

Points for 418

Points against 163

On paper it would look like Meigs may have a slight advantage on defense. On offense they are nearly identical in points scored.

last two times these teams have met... 

2018 Meigs 42 South Greene 14 

2017 Meigs 46 South Greene 7

Just a small look at the history of matches between these 2 teams that has nothing to do with this current game, however the last few games Meigs has been the better team.

11 minutes ago, THE KING said:

If S greene's shutout to Hampton was a fluke,  then they have a prayer of making this a game.  I will say that they have a great o-line thats carried them to 10 wins.  What's the verdict on Swafford?

Not sure on him honestly he was able to walk later and still had a noticable limp. Our backup qb played well in his absence. Not got the legs of swafford as far as speed but can definitely run with the football pretty good. He has great throwing ability. He was able to take over and score when swafford went out. We are 3 deep in QBs this season.:blink: just lack the big play ability without swafford on wheels for the most part. Even without swafford we have a good chance to win this next game. Just will have to work much harder for it. I really hope hes ok firstly, but I hope he gets to come back and play as well. I watched my recording last night I didnt see any foul play when and where he got hurt. It was just one of those things. It was a big pile of kids couldn't see much of what went on honestly besides the showering of flags everywhere at every turn. It was quite aggravating as a fan wanting to watch a good game.

Edited by Imthayeti

10 minutes ago, THE KING said:

If S greene's shutout to Hampton was a fluke,  then they have a prayer of making this a game.  I will say that they have a great o-line thats carried them to 10 wins.  What's the verdict on Swafford?

I have heard he is good.I would say they play a little conservative against SG to keep him from getting too beat up before the quarters.JMO tho

5 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Hate to hear that about Swafford hope he gets back healthy for you guys, if he plays in this game I will say Meigs wins similar to last year 42-14/35-7. If Swafford doesn’t play I still have Meigs favored but the gap cuts down to 14 for me with tigers winning 28-14

I agree with you, however not gonna look past a 10-1 team.:excl: 10 times out of 11 they have found a way to win. There's something to it obviously lol. Appreciate the nod on Swafford, hes a good kid.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I agree with you, however not gonna look past a 10-1 team.:excl: 10 times our of 11 they have found a way to win. There's something to it obviously lol. Appreciate the nod on Swafford, hes a good kid.

Can’t look past anyone come playoff time, if you don’t prepare for tomorrow there will not be another day after tomorrow.