South Greene @ Meigs County - Rd 2

MarsBlackmon

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

So, any South Greene posters about?

Where’s RebRebReb at?  He was a great poster.  I went to Greeneville High and I will always pull for the Greene Devils. I had family that graduated from SG, and I have friends who have kids that attend there now and I am a fan as well. I love high school football in general.   

This a big game for SG. There’s no doubt that they can hang with Meigs and it wouldn’t surprise me if they get the W. SG has a really great team this year; their nothing like last year. Yes, there’s still the skeptics and probably rightly so. Yes, they got their butts handed to them up at Hampton this year and Hampton getting the W over them wasn’t a fluke, but I really think SG went into that game thinking they already had it won and only 6 or 7 kids showed up to play and the rest never left Rebel Hill that night.  As I mentioned in another post I still think Hampton would have won that game even if all the SG kids would have showed up.  Sometimes things are just meant to be.  SG needed that loss to wake them up.  

I knew Greeneville would obliterate Howard and at the last minute I decided to go watch the SG and Rockwood game.  SG looked really great against Rockwood especially on defense.  I believe SG held them around 141 total yards on offense?  If I am wrong then some please quote the correct yards.  The score potentially/easy could have been 30-7.  SG missed a FG, and then fumbled in the red zone and yes I know that is a part of the game, but SG was dominant all night. I believe they’ll show up in Meigs. They have the confidence and it could prove to be dangerous for the opposition that confronts them.  It should be a really great game to attend this coming Friday.  

Edited by Romansfive8

8 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Where’s RebRebReb at?  He was a great poster.  I went to Greeneville High and I will always pull for the Greene Devils. I had family that graduated from SG, and I have friends who have kids that attend there now and I am a fan as well. I love high school football in general.   

This a big game for SG. There’s no doubt that they can hang with Meigs and it wouldn’t surprise me if they get the W. SG has a really great team this year; their nothing like last year. Yes, there’s still the skeptics and probably rightly so. Yes, they got their butts handed to them up at Hampton this year and Hampton getting the W over them wasn’t a fluke, but I really think SG went into that game thinking they already had it won and only 6 or 7 kids showed up to play and the rest never left Rebel Hill that night.  As I mentioned in another post I still think Hampton would have won that game even if all the SG kids would have showed up.  Sometimes things are just meant to be.  SG needed that loss to wake them up.  

I knew Greeneville would obliterate Howard and at the last minute I decided to go watch the SG and Rockwood game.  SG looked really great against Rockwood especially on defense.  I believe SG held them around 141 total yards on offense?  If I am wrong then some please quote the correct yards.  The score potentially/easy could have been 30-7.  SG missed a FG, and then fumbled in the red zone and yes I know that is a part of the game, but SG was dominant all night. I believe they’ll show up in Meigs. They have the confidence and it could prove to be dangerous for the opposition that confronts them.  It should be a really great game to attend this coming Friday.  

RebRebReb is mia last word is he undertook surgery and now goes by the name of Rhonda. I dont ask questions about such things. I will say it will be nice to see South Greene at Meigs again and nice they are having a good year, we share the same record in wins and losses. However as far as liking their chances I'm not so sure about. Meigs is pretty hard to beat this year and will field a great defense against SG offense. In a shoot out maybe they would have a chance but our defense is just to good imo. Wish yall good luck man.

Meigs is 5-0 against region 1 teams in the last three years, and they have out scored them 215 to 39 and none of the games have been even close, and IMO this Meigs team is even better than the last two, and Its just hard for me to think that any of them have improved that much. But I guess we will see.