South Greene @ Meigs County - Rd 2

MarsBlackmon

20 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Interesting posts this AM.LOL!

And to think, if we were to dispatch Oneida (no shot of that of course) then 'Decatur's Finest' with the Navy commit would have to drive all the way to Hampton for yet another pillow fight! Would be a looooong ride, for such a short game...But likely Oneida will be at Meigs on the 22nd 

7 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

And to think, if we were to dispatch Oneida (no shot of that of course) then 'Decatur's Finest' with the Navy commit would have to drive all the way to Hampton for yet another pillow fight! Would be a looooong ride, for such a short game...But likely Oneida will be at Meigs on the 22nd 

Anything can happen, it could very well be South Greene vs. Hampton next week. Whitwell proved that anything is possible. That being said I think there is a small chance of us losing at home this week. We have played Region 1 teams for a few years in the playoffs  now, and none of them have come with the level of talent that we have fielded the last few years. South Greene will need to be 3 TDs better than what they brought to Meigs last year and if that's the case, what a game this will be. Also their defense will need to be better significantly than what they fielded last year otherwise again this wont be a good game. That said. Anything can happen as stated earlier. Just know when they get here they will be in for the game of their lives as their is no quit in Meigs County Football.

2 hours ago, Turu said:

Swafford healthy is a good thing though I believe our backup is really talented also. Friday night threw a. Beautiful deep ball that was dropped and ran a TD. Just heard that this was also game of the week in Chattanooga area. Hopefully that won’t have our boys too nervous. On the other hand maybe with all the cameras the referees will try to call a good game.... hope we don’t have the same crew as last week.  SG fans bring lots of $$. Spend it in Decatur. Good places to eat Dixon’s BBQ, Decatur Diner and LaHacienda all within 1/2 mile of stadium.  Is anyone serving pregame?  Also maybe we’ll have the music turned up loud. Welcome to Meigs County. 

why would a game with two 10-1 teams be a game of the week? no way south greene deserves to be a game of the week. scrimmage of the week maybe. stepping stone of the week. should be forfeit of the week since we dont have a chance. 

2 minutes ago, sgrebelyell said:

why would a game with two 10-1 teams be a game of the week? no way south greene deserves to be a game of the week. scrimmage of the week maybe. stepping stone of the week. should be forfeit of the week since we dont have a chance. 

You said you did 2 days ago. Talk some football bud, tell us how your gonna run and throw all over us. Make this exciting.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

You said you did 2 days ago. Talk some football bud, tell us how your gonna run and throw all over us. Make this exciting.

when have i said anything about running or throwing all over miegs? unlike some people I dont talk about mercy ruling teams before the games played. i told you exactly what we had to do to win. run behind our big line and keep it close so we have a chance at the end of the game. unlike miegs who just has to show up. 

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

If i was betting, I'd say the rebels will be out to hurt Swafford.  In 03, when we were upset by cak, they wiped out mark Byrd  on a punt return.  In fact, i watched teams try to injure him his whole career.  Minds can become dark in the heat of a game 

2 minutes ago, sgrebelyell said:

when have i said anything about running or throwing all over miegs? unlike some people I dont talk about mercy ruling teams before the games played. i told you exactly what we had to do to win. run behind our big line and keep it close so we have a chance at the end of the game. unlike miegs who just has to show up. 

I'm only confident of what I've seen my team do brother. Meigs has one of the best run defense I've seen this year. That may amount to a hill of beans when we play you. I just know run teams haven't had alot of success against us. I hate that you feel we disrespected you as that was not my intention. I just feel from what your saying tour best offensive capability, falls into our strong suit of stopping the run is all. 

35 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Well I have to say you hit all the points in one post LOL.

Edited by orngnblk

2 minutes ago, THE KING said:

If i was betting, I'd say the rebels will be out to hurt Swafford.  In 03, when we were upset by cak, they wiped out mark Byrd  on a punt return.  In fact, i watched teams try to injure him his whole career.  Minds can become dark in the heat of a game 

Dumbest post of all time. SG will play hard and give it all the got, and we'll have to see if that is enough to win. But they will not be out there trying to hurt people on purpose. Go crawl back under your Carter County rock.

18 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Anything can happen, it could very well be South Greene vs. Hampton next week. Whitwell proved that anything is possible. That being said I think there is a small chance of us losing at home this week. We have played Region 1 teams for a few years in the playoffs  now, and none of them have come with the level of talent that we have fielded the last few years. South Greene will need to be 3 TDs better than what they brought to Meigs last year and if that's the case, what a game this will be. Also their defense will need to be better significantly than what they fielded last year otherwise again this wont be a good game. That said. Anything can happen as stated earlier. Just know when they get here they will be in for the game of their lives as their is no quit in Meigs County Football.

No youngun Monterey fell victim to the cupcake syndrome! Whitwell played a very tough schedule and lost alot of games but was prepared to play a decent team with a great record.Looks alot like the region 1 teams great record against less than so so teams.Hampton is a good team but after them it FALLS off.Meigs will beat the E off the end of Greene.

1 minute ago, THE KING said:

After the events that took place against our last opponent. I'd hope we asked the refs to keep a better eye on such things. I'd imagine it wouldn't surprise you to find out that alot of our games that kind of play seems to take place. Over the years many times it's been stated that stop the qb and you stop Meigs. Alot of teams has tried that at all cost over the years. It's a shame honestly.