South Greene @ Meigs County - Rd 2

MarsBlackmon

2 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

No youngun Monterey fell victim to the cupcake syndrome! Whitwell played a very tough schedule and lost alot of games but was prepared to play a decent team with a great record.Looks alot like the region 1 teams great record against less than so so teams.Hampton is a good team but after them it FALLS off.Meigs will beat the E off the end of Greene.

Lol I hope you are correct.

Edited by Imthayeti

9 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I'm only confident of what I've seen my team do brother. Meigs has one of the best run defense I've seen this year. That may amount to a hill of beans when we play you. I just know run teams haven't had alot of success against us. I hate that you feel we disrespected you as that was not my intention. I just feel from what your saying tour best offensive capability, falls into our strong suit of stopping the run is all. 

Yeti its the playoffs its ok to say it like you mean it.Feelings get hurt but we are all football fans. There's no crying in football. Somebody season will end Friday. People get uptight about that it's okay

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

After the events that took place against our last opponent. I'd hope we asked the refs to keep a better eye on such things. I'd imagine it wouldn't surprise you to find out that alot of our games that kind of play seems to take place. Over the years many times it's been stated that stop the qb and you stop Meigs. Alot of teams has tried that at all cost over the years. It's a shame honestly. 

Trust me nobody wants a dirty game. We no exactly what you talking about with HV. 

4 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

No youngun Monterey fell victim to the cupcake syndrome! Whitwell played a very tough schedule and lost alot of games but was prepared to play a decent team with a great record.Looks alot like the region 1 teams great record against less than so so teams.Hampton is a good team but after them it FALLS off.Meigs will beat the E off the end of Greene.

Pretty good post!

Just now, orngnblk said:

Yeti its the playoffs its ok to say it like you mean it.Feelings get hurt but we are all football fans. There's no crying in football. Somebody season will end Friday. People get uptight about that it's okay

I dont want to run anyone off though, just telling what I see as the truth. I just hate that this person is getting discouraged at the confidence we have built up over the years. 

2 minutes ago, GCFB said:

Dumbest post of all time. SG will play hard and give it all the got, and we'll have to see if that is enough to win. But they will not be out there trying to hurt people on purpose. Go crawl back under your Carter County rock.

Pull deez nutz off your tonsils.  These kinds of things do happen whether its coached or not.  Been part of this game for 30 years and on here for 17

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

After the events that took place against our last opponent. I'd hope we asked the refs to keep a better eye on such things. I'd imagine it wouldn't surprise you to find out that alot of our games that kind of play seems to take place. Over the years many times it's been stated that stop the qb and you stop Meigs. Alot of teams has tried that at all cost over the years. It's a shame honestly. 

I've had more than one kid at QB so believe me, It IS part of the game....But do so without the dirty crap...It's the blatantly late, low hits on the QB that I come unglued over

1 minute ago, GCFB said:

Trust me nobody wants a dirty game. We no exactly what you talking about with HV. 

20191113_065710.thumb.jpg.9422003884703e88e0d96d9a1d29e6fa.jpg

They did not take losing well at all honestly . I wont speak more about it as I try to keep that talk out of the threads. But we got up quick and flags started to fly. I only hope we can in the future keep our kids from responding but being that young I know its hard.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I dont want to run anyone off though, just telling what I see as the truth. I just hate that this person is getting discouraged at the confidence we have built up over the years. 

Hey Yeti, sorry to interrupt your discussion with the SG folks and I know this is a bit off subject but how many seniors besides Swafford do you guys have?  I understand your JV and Middle programs are on point but just wandering how many seniors you are losing. 

3 minutes ago, Central4218 said:

Hey Yeti, sorry to interrupt your discussion with the SG folks and I know this is a bit off subject but how many seniors besides Swafford do you guys have?  I understand your JV and Middle programs are on point but just wandering how many seniors you are losing. 

I can let you know later i dont know off hand. I have a program in the car. I'm at work atm and will get back with you.