South Greene @ Meigs County - Rd 2

MarsBlackmon

13 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

Thank you, Lord, for allowing us to play at home next week. 

The bracket I have shows Meigs quad playing next week at the quad of the Oneida/Hampton winner?

EDIT: Since both Oneida and Meigs are in the same Region the team seeded highest will host in the 3rd round, so Meigs will play at home.

Edited by blitzinbuc

1 minute ago, Turu said:

I hate to be the guy but... Region 1 was weak. SG was never in the game... congrats to MCHS. Only complaint was disappointed in fans. I hope they show up next week and get loud!  

When your team opens up a can on the other team to where it's all but over in the 2nd qtr. on a cold night, fans tend to get complacent. With a Region opponent and great team like Oneida comes in next week, I'm sure the fans will be back to their normal loud selves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

The bracket I have shows Meigs quad playing next week at the quad of the Oneida/Hampton winner?

EDIT: Since both Oneida and Meigs are in the same Region the team seeded highest will host in the 3rd round, so Meigs will play at home.

That's not correct. Look @ the TSSAA bracket. For ALL classifications in the Quarterfinals & Semifinals the team at the top of the bracket for each matchup is the host team. Oneida is at the top of the Class 1A bracket game with Meigs County. Therefore, even though Meigs is the higher seed Oneida will host. It's a stupid rule but that's the way it works.

The higher seeded team should always host until the state title games in my opinion but the TSSAA has taken a back & forth acceptance of the bracket being like this & swapped around every season. For instance, next season in the State Quarterfinals & Semifinals the bottom team from the bracket in each matchup will get to host regardless of seed.