D2A round 2: DA vs DCA

Playerscoach

To me this matchup is the most interesting for a variety of reasons. Coach Wade returns to the program he took to its glory years, the familiarity both teams have with each other, the last meeting two years ago where DCA soundly beat DA in the semis for the upset, and the most interesting stat using the comparative scores. I know we all have some bias but objectively looking at this what do you think?

I believe both teams are finally at full strength and have all their key players available. For instance against Tipton Rosemark DCA showed off their explosive offense by scoring twice in their first six players going 95 yards for a TD run and 50 yards on the only deep pass they threw all game. Yes DCA is very young in the OL/DL but they do have size and talent. Yes, DCA turns it over often and those tend to be inexplicable catastrophic turnovers? Yes, DA is a big home favorite here. However, using the comparative scores it seems they appear to be fairly similar. 

Comparative scores

DA

Friendship Christian

W 30-23

Franklin Road Academy

L 6-30

Tipton-Rosemark

W 35-12

Now here’s DCAs.

Friendship Christian 

L 6-22

Franklin Road Academy

L22-32

Tipton-Rosemark 

W 34-6

What are the keys for DA and DCA to be successful? I support Coach Wade and DCA but I do understand DA is a great team and a huge challenge. With that being said I believe DCA, barring the crazy turnovers they tend to have, can pull the big upset if they play up to their coaching. It’s a tall order against a great team though.

Best of luck to both teams.

1 hour ago, CFAfan said:

I think DCA is still a year away from being able to win this game. I picked DA by 2 scores expecting this one to be close for a half then DA pulling away in 2nd half. We will see. CPW has made a huge turnaround over last year and I have no doubt his boys believe they can beat anyone. 

Yeah I agree DA is the big favorite. I think DCA can score if they protect the ball and make plays on the perimeter. How has DA’s defense played against passing offenses? 

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Yeah I agree DA is the big favorite. I think DCA can score if they protect the ball and make plays on the perimeter. How has DA’s defense played against passing offenses? 

Shaky vs the pass from what I see and hear from my DA friends. I have not seen all their games this year. I think DCA will struggle to run the ball vs them and will have to get it done thru the air. I think DCA will struggle vs the DA run and they pass well enough to be dangerous thru the air as well. O is pretty balanced when needed I think.

57 minutes ago, CFAfan said:

Shaky vs the pass from what I see and hear from my DA friends. I have not seen all their games this year. I think DCA will struggle to run the ball vs them and will have to get it done thru the air. I think DCA will struggle vs the DA run and they pass well enough to be dangerous thru the air as well. O is pretty balanced when needed I think.

DCA has a defense that runs well to the ball and four tailbacks that are very solid including a 6’2” 210 lb soph track stud. The OL and DL has size and talent but it’s young. Skill positions and DBs are very deep. DCA, if they don’t turn it over, has a good offense. 

Everybody is healthy and the young kids have a season under their belts. However,  DA is a big favorite for a reason. I hope it’s competitive and with Paul Wade coaching this team anything is possible if the kids play like they are coached. 

1 minute ago, Playerscoach said:

DCA has a defense that runs well to the ball and four tailbacks that are very solid including a 6’2” 210 lb soph track stud. The OL and DL has size and talent but it’s young. Skill positions and DBs are very deep. DCA, if they don’t turn it over, has a good offense. 

Everybody is healthy and the young kids have a season under their belts. However,  DA is a big favorite for a reason. I hope it’s competitive and with Paul Wade coaching this team anything is possible if the kids play like they are coached. 

Anything is possible. We saw that 2 years ago when DCA won at DA. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 4:01 PM, CFAfan said:

Anything is possible. We saw that 2 years ago when DCA won at DA. 

DA is a very big favorite here as they should be. The team that beat DA two years ago in a similar matchup had tons of Sr starters that had started since their sophomore year and this team has only 3 kids who were on the sideline that game. My head says DA big but my heart has hope of a miracle. 

Best of luck to DA tomorrow.