Shelbyville @ Beech Round 2

titans1221

1 hour ago, wave88 said:

Shelbyville better hope they’ve been practicing in the mud.  I heard that Beech’s field is a mess.  That’s not anything new because their field doesn’t drain.  It’s going to be a soft field regardless of the temperatures at game time.

Coming from a team that really cares about the quality of their field and makes sure it’s always in top notch condition.  It’s hard to comprehend how a team is constantly content with miserable home field conditions. Easy answer, UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. Or Laziness.

22 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Coming from a team that really cares about the quality of their field and makes sure it’s always in top notch condition.  It’s hard to comprehend how a team is constantly content with miserable home field conditions. Easy answer, UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. Or Laziness.

It’s the main reason they (Beech) are pushing for a field turf field.  I don’t put the blame on them.  It’s just what it is.  The track around the field locks in the water.  If they were to raise the field above the track at the lowest place and have a true crown, it would help tremendously.  

1 hour ago, wave88 said:

It’s the main reason they (Beech) are pushing for a field turf field.  I don’t put the blame on them.  It’s just what it is.  The track around the field locks in the water.  If they were to raise the field above the track at the lowest place and have a true crown, it would help tremendously.  

Just poking fun with Beech fans honestly. Sod, is a great alternative or Leveling out the field if that Is an issue. A brand new turf field would be a great addition to the program. I think turf fields make sense when programs are very successful. Albeit a very expensive procedure to go through. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Threw it 6 total times last week (13% of the time)...I'm thinking they will have to throw it more this week, but Shelbyville's secondary has been playing great too with many interceptions and pass breakups. It will be interesting!

I would argue it’s not about number of attempts, but rather the effectiveness of the passing game. If you’re anticipating the same offensive gameplan this week, you haven’t watched a lot of Beech football. While the philosophy will always remain the same, the gameplan will change week to week and half to half. Adjustments will be made as needed. One thing I will say about a Crabtree coached team is they find a way to win. Beech is averaging around 10 wins a season over the last 10 years. I think all the people writing them off based on the performance of one game (and Gallatin getting upset last week?) is a bit premature. I believe the Columbia game may have in fact served as a wake up call. 

5 hours ago, eers said:

I would argue it’s not about number of attempts, but rather the effectiveness of the passing game. If you’re anticipating the same offensive gameplan this week, you haven’t watched a lot of Beech football. While the philosophy will always remain the same, the gameplan will change week to week and half to half. Adjustments will be made as needed. One thing I will say about a Crabtree coached team is they find a way to win. Beech is averaging around 10 wins a season over the last 10 years. I think all the people writing them off based on the performance of one game (and Gallatin getting upset last week?) is a bit premature. I believe the Columbia game may have in fact served as a wake up call. 

I agree with you.  I highly doubt Beech is going to throw it 10+ times (unless they really get behind), but they will pick and choose when to do it.  That is one thing Crabtree does do very well, he picks his spot.  Everybody knows that Beech will attempt to run the ball probably out of shotgun or under center then go to the Power I and pound the ball it is just what they do.  The question is can you stop it.  Blocking schemes may change and who gets the ball when but that is their philosophy.  Crabtree is really good at what he does and the growth in the line shows that every year.  Beech (no offense) is more limited this year than they have been due to some of the players but they are still very effective.  Crabtree will definitely have a plan together.  My question for the game is can Shelbyville find ways to score.  Personally, and I have thought this for weeks, they were the most dangerous team in our quad.  They have a good defense and offense and have size.  More explosive than anybody in our region.  I can see either team winning this game so I say it is a toss up.  But if it is close, you have to like Crabtree being the deciding factor.  

Awesome show last night!  Appreciate all you guy who jumped in on the LIVE Chat!  Southtowner, do you really think that was Roy who called in during the show?  :roflolk:   We had some awesome interviews with great Coaches as they discussed their upcoming games for Friday night.  If you missed the show, be sure and check it out!  Coach Palmer and Coach Crabtree joined us to discuss this game!   Coach Palmer joined us at the 30 minute mark and Coach Crabtree was on at the 1 hour and 15 minute mark (75 minutes).   They both had an interesting take on this game:

11 hours ago, eers said:

This Shelbyville team has gotten very little respect most of the season, and has been playing with a chip on its shoulder since the Page officiating fiasco. The matchup will be quite interesting with a very good Shelbyville defense against that multiple rushing attack from Beech. Additionally, Shelbyville is physical on offense and can run it with two great running backs as well as a fast, running QB, while mixing up the pass very well too. It is a fantastic matchup in about every way possible.

Edited by sportsguy22

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

This Shelbyville team has gotten very little respect most of the season, and has been playing with a chip on its shoulder since the Page officiating fiasco. The matchup will be quite interesting with a very good Shelbyville defense against that multiple rushing attack from Beech. Additionally, Shelbyville is physical on offense and can run it with two great running backs and a fast, running QB, while mixing up the pass very well too. It is fantastic matchup in about every way possible.

I have said to many people that Shelbyville is the best team Region 5. I think it will be an interesting game for sure.