Witten a vol next year or a pro

CoachSH

The bottom line is this: whether or not Witten goes in the 1st round will be decided by Jason in the NFL combines after the season. If he can run a fast enough 40 time and demonstrate good agility, he will go in the first round. However, there are a few other very good TE's out there such as the guys from Oklahoma and Iowa (can't remember their names). I hope he stays but if he goes, here's wishing him the best and may he be the #1 pick overall - that would be something wouldn't it?

Volfan911

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paintedorange

He better stay at UT til -I- get there! I'm in love with that boy! :D hehe Naw really, I hope he does stay. He's an awesome player. He's my fav..of course. *S* I don't want him to go to the pros..I want him around at UT as long as he can stay! hehe

Hey, hardin..how's it going? So, you're good friends with Jason and his brother? Have we met? I think we should...bring Jason along. :o How old are ya? Heh...

I agree with most people on here he is a good TE but I don't see him being a big time receiving threat WR type like Jeremy Shockey(Giants) or Alge Crumpler(Falcons) but more of a possession receiver Frank Wycheck(Titans)type TE. I think with in three years of when he does come out he will probably be one of the Top 10 Tightends in the league.

Now about him next year I think he stays I saw before the Vandy game that he has spoken with Peyton Manning. I also think his education is important to him so I think he stays! Plus early draft reports say he would probably second round at best. I also think he will have Kelly Washington back with him next year to prove that he can still play he probably will not be healthy in time to compete in the combine for scouts so he would probably be a third rounder if taken because teams want take a risk with that type injury. So with Washington, Witten, and Clausen back plus a full year of playing by a young reciever corps and a stable of running backs in Houston, Riggs & RB/FB J. Davis. Tennessee should be a National Title contender again if the injury bug gets gone!

[Edited by Sequatchie on 11-28-02 1:15A]

Tennessee was in contention for a Championship last year until the SEC Bowl? You don't get drafted real high with performances like that. Not trying to ruffle up any feathers...#1 is an excellent TE. But not the Superman you make him out to be b/c your his friend. Everybody wants their friends to succeed but don't blow them up too big. I won't be postin' on here any more so go ahead, take your shots all you true UT fans...beat up on somebody.

I bleed ORANGE too but there's too many problems that won't get fixed in K-town because noone will take the blinders off. :D

Nah, Winslow is only a sophomore and while he's the most dynamic TE in college right now, I don't see him coming out. I believe there is a rule that keeps people from entering the draft until 3 years after they graduate high school. He is a true sophomore and I think he'll be inelligible for the draft this year for the same reasons as freshman superstar Maurice Clarett of Ohio State. Winslow will be a top 10-15 pick after his junior year. The kid is phenominal. I hope Witten's freshman backup, Aaron Kirkland can step up and be a threat like that.

Volfan911

Guest martin36

he is not the best tight end in the country...kellen winslow junior is by far the best tight end in the country. he has hands like his dad, hall of fame receiver, and great speed. something jason doesnt have. it doesnt matter if he has 4.5 40 speed, his field/game speed is much slower. it takes him forever to get into another gear. witten would be foolish to leave after this season, he would probably get drafted anywhere from the 1st to 3rd round but he would not be used much in the pros because he doesnt have the speed that tony gonzalez and shockey have. witten is similar to bubba franks of the packers, franks has favre throwing him the ball though. if witten gets drafted by a team with a good qb he will be an effective receiver. otherwise he will just be a blocker because he does not have the game speed it takes.