Witten a vol next year or a pro

CoachSH

He's a different kind of TE. The bottom line is, Jason is 270lbs and at that weight is a tremendous athlete. But because of his large frame, he isn't able to be as light on his feet as Shockey. That's all I'm saying. They are different kind of tight ends.

Also, re: his draft status, there are maybe two or three TEs that will go ahead of him this year. It will be hard for him to crack the 1st round. if he can put up some impressive workouts at the combines he may have a chance.

Volfan911

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

witten needs to leave while he can, ut is going to start going down for a while. i am a big ut fan and things just don't look good, it is going to take two years or so to recruit great recievers and get them into the system and by then clausen will be gone and they will have a new qb. i think witten should leave and take the money and run with it. why stay at ut, they have no shot at twinning the national title next year. so go to the NFL and make some dough.

I hope he stays b/c contrary to what some UT fans Think they are not on the downslide.Lets look, if Anyone would have told you that UT would finish the season at 8-4 or 7-5 depending on the saturday outcome in August most people would have said you were crazy. Now, if you would have been asked the same thing then told that UT would have 18 starters miss at least one game, Kelley Washington would basiclly not play all year, Clausen would be hurt all year and play at about 70% if that, their best RB would miss half the year then would you have thought they would win this many games? Wtih the returning players next year and hopefully Witten will be one, they will be a contender again. Take that many starters off at Miami or Ohio state and see how they do. I think the receiver corp is getting better and will keep improving Brown, wade and Montrell Jones will be good receivers along with possibly Banks out there next year.