Round 2: Mt Juliet (7-4) @ Oakland (11-0)

DillonPanthers1

27 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Go Bears! Looks like I got you worked up. Mission accomplished! 

Hey Coa.. Sorry I mean MJGB, it takes much more than the Super Friends to get under my skin. Now that we have cleared the air, I still think Oakland wins this game 45 to 10. :)

And if I am wrong I will be around to admit it. Just like last week. Go tell the kids to prove me wrong.

MY MOJO RUNNING 

Edited by DillonPanthers1

I think most will pick Oakland to win the only difference will be by how much. But anything can happen on any given night. I like the Sowell kid from MJ. He is going to be a lot of fun to watch in the coming years. 

Several teams have played freshman qbs by the way. Riverdale has played theirs. So has Smyrna. They have both done just fine and helped their teams make the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

I think most will pick Oakland to win the only difference will be by how much. But anything can happen on any given night. I like the Sowell kid from MJ. He is going to be a lot of fun to watch in the coming years. 

Several teams have played freshman qbs by the way. Riverdale has played theirs. So has Smyrna. They have both done just fine and helped their teams make the playoffs. 

The kid that replaced the senior last night for Riverdale was a sophomore. Why not with Smyrna as they had no offense to begin with? Sowell is a junior btw.

3 hours ago, DillonPanthers1 said:

Get it rolling...

MJ - nice win for them against Riverdale in Round 1.

Abner and Co. don't have an answer for CKC's record setting offense. Meanwhile if you love your freshman QB please don't send him out to the wolves to make plays. Just let him hand it off and let the backs "3 yds and a cloud of dust it" and punt every 4 plays. It will be over soon enough. No need in jeopardizing his future and confidence getting destroyed mentally and physically all in one night. It was a nice year to build on MJ, thanks for playing.

Oakland - business as usual in an uneventful round 1 matchup with Lebanon. They should have little resistance offensively as this is not the overachieving MJ team from 2018. Defensively they are playing against a freshman at QB in a boringly predictable offense. Oakland's focus should be to fine tune all 3 phases of the game to gear up for the quarterfinals against Blackman and the big showdown against Maryville in the semis.

Oakland - 45

Mt Juliet - 10

This is how I see it.

MOJO

I don’t believe MJ will score double digits....if so, it will be late and out of hand.  This is the best defense they will face this year in my opinion.

22 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Your choice of wording is ridiculous, our QB will be fine, he Needs these games under his belt. Also considering we are better than Lebanon and Riverdale how can we be a 35 point underdog? Could very well happen but I would say our defense is better than Lebanon. Offensively we are not there yet.

Because they are probably 50-60 points better than Lebanon. Both teams were playing to run out the clock on Friday night.

Oakland beat Hendersonville, Blackman, Cookeville and Lebanon by a combined score of 182-0.

Hendersonville beat Mt. Juliet 41-14.

Blackman beat Riverdale and lost to Ravenwood and Alcoa by a combined 12 points.

Cookeville scored 42 points against Hendersonville on Friday night.

Lebanon beat Hendersonville.

And none of them even scored against Oakland.

And against their toughest opponents Mt. Juliet was shutout by Gallatin, only scored 14 against Stewarts Creek and Hendersonville, 20 against Riverdale and 24 against Lebanon.

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

Because they are probably 50-60 points better than Lebanon. Both teams were playing to run out the clock on Friday night.

Oakland beat Hendersonville, Blackman, Cookeville and Lebanon by a combined score of 182-0.

Hendersonville beat Mt. Juliet 41-14.

Blackman beat Riverdale and lost to Ravenwood and Alcoa by a combined 12 points.

Cookeville scored 42 points against Hendersonville on Friday night.

Lebanon beat Hendersonville.

And none of them even scored against Oakland.

And against their toughest opponents Mt. Juliet was shutout by Gallatin, only scored 14 against Stewarts Creek and Hendersonville, 20 against Riverdale and 24 against Lebanon.

If you’re playing the common opponent/score game.... it’s been pointless this season. Trust me I’m a fan of using it as well, but when you look at Indy beating Blackman 48-7, but Blackman only losing to Ravenwood by 3.... Hendersonville only loses to Indy by 7... it’s all about matchups. If MJ were to go out there and win the turnover and penalty battle, it might be closeish. It will just take a perfect game to do so.

4 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

If you’re playing the common opponent/score game.... it’s been pointless this season. Trust me I’m a fan of using it as well, but when you look at Indy beating Blackman 48-7, but Blackman only losing to Ravenwood by 3.... Hendersonville only loses to Indy by 7... it’s all about matchups. If MJ were to go out there and win the turnover and penalty battle, it might be closeish. It will just take a perfect game to do so.

You know what has been consistent all year? Nobody doing jack **** against Oakland.