Round 2: Mt Juliet (7-4) @ Oakland (11-0)

DillonPanthers1

15 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I said at the beginning of the year that Oakland and Maryville are heads and shoulders above everyone else in 6A.  No team in the playoffs will touch either of  them until they meet in the semis. After that game the team from the west side of the bracket will be hoping to not get mercy ruled in the 15th game.

Whitehaven is a very capable team to either Maryville or Oakland. 

Alot can be said for getting kids up and motivated to play. Not just for yourself, but for a purpose bigger than that. Its easy to quit when it is just about you. When you make it personal, about yours, school, community, family, it becomes bigger you are reminded why you fight and give all every down. That  said I have seen a lot of "motivated" folks get their clock cleaned ...I think this will be a bigger test than  some might admit, but I still see Oakland at 28-14 Too many weapons in every facet of the game. Special teams,offense, defense...all coached very well and very athletic and deep at every position. 

2 hours ago, hardtackle said:

Whitehaven is a very capable team to either Maryville or Oakland. 

Whitehaven always has talent, but the west has been mercy ruled in the title game the last two years.  I think the west has been out scored 77-7 in those two games. The winner of Maryville vs Oakland( if the winner comes out relatively healthy) cruises to a win in the state title game by at least 3 TDs

21 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Whitehaven always has talent, but the west has been mercy ruled in the title game the last two years.  I think the west has been out scored 77-7 in those two games. The winner of Maryville vs Oakland( if the winner comes out relatively healthy) cruises to a win in the state title game by at least 3 TDs

I disagree

9 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

I disagree

I agree - There are 2 or 3 teams from the west who would compete with the 2 or 3 teams from the east that can get to the finals.... Not just Whitehaven, but also the winner of the Brentwood / Ravenwood quarterfinal game that looms next week. - I also don't know enough about Houston to say if they can or cannot.

I don't think we will see a running clock again after this 2nd round on either side.

18 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

I disagree

3 minutes ago, 422PT said:

I agree - There are 2 or 3 teams from the west who would compete with the 2 or 3 teams from the east that can get to the finals.... Not just Whitehaven, but also the winner of the Brentwood / Ravenwood quarterfinal game that looms next week. - I also don't know enough about Houston to say if they can or cannot.

I don't think we will see a running clock again after this 2nd round on either side.

It will be interesting to see. I'm still betting on a running clock in at least one game in the 3rd round.

7 minutes ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Agreed, 

Everyone agree that Oakland gonna be heading to Maryville in Round 4.... which will be a good game. 

What about West Tennessee teams do they have to come to Williams County this year? That could throw Whitehave in a loop. 

Ravenwood has studs, but I think Brentwood is better coached. Don't count out Independence. 

• Thanks 1