Lipscomb Academy at Grace Christian Academy

gcapride

9 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Most of the East teams are new to Division II & newer to recruiting (except for Webb & Notre Dame :P).  Will take them a while to figure it out & catch up a little more. 

I don’t know if they ever will fully catch up, but they may be able to make it closer. The best players in Chattanooga are swept up by McCallie & Baylor. 

Just like the best in Nashville get swept up by BA, Ensworth, MBA etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Lipscomb has spent A LOT of money to go 7-5. Time will tell if those pockets keep emptying. They ventured out to D2AAA and played the two worst teams and still lost so I can imagine they will fight the possibility of TSSAA dropping the D2 middle class with everything they have.  Roller is not on the board anymore though.

Great point. The financial investment has been heavy to get to this point and CPA will treat them like a little sister next week. Is the ROI there??

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Lipscomb has spent A LOT of money to go 7-5. Time will tell if those pockets keep emptying. They ventured out to D2AAA and played the two worst teams and still lost so I can imagine they will fight the possibility of TSSAA dropping the D2 middle class with everything they have.  Roller is not on the board anymore though.

It'll be a few years before you can really tell if Lipscomb is going to be one of the big boys in D2 football. I'd say the last two weeks have taken them from a somewhat disappointing (but not entirely unexpected) season to one that has exceeded expectations and should give them a shot of momentum going into the offseason and "recruiting" season. The real determining factor will be whether a couple elite players and several solid ones decide to enroll there each of the next few years; you can't realistically expect a big talent upgrade for a full roster in one or two years, even in D2. If that happens and Dilfer is still there, Lipscomb football should look very different by the mid-2020s.

As you said, time will tell. If Lipscomb keeps investing, there's no reason they can't match CPA's level pretty quickly, as CPA is only a few years ahead of them in terms of high level football and doesn't have a huge resource advantage like Ensworth, MBA, and (to a somewhat lesser extent) BA. Geographically, CPA is right between Ensworth and Brentwood Academy, so many top athletes would have to drive by one of those "better" schools to get to CPA. Lipscomb is in a good part of town with only one elite football school (MBA) near it, really has no top programs to its north or east for a long way, and runs buses to north and south Nashville already, so they could be well positioned to attract new blood if the program builds momentum.

13 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

CCS fixin to make that move with them.....The ST Elmo Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Independent Pentecostal Assembly Chargers ventured out and trial ran the 2 Chattanooga Blue Bloods and we seen how that worked out...

they couldnt even win the D2-AA region title in a very week east

Booger just sayin :eek:

2 hours ago, Booger said:

CCS fixin to make that move with them.....The ST Elmo Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Independent Pentecostal Assembly Chargers ventured out and trial ran the 2 Chattanooga Blue Bloods and we seen how that worked out...

they couldnt even win the D2-AA region title in a very week east

Booger just sayin :eek:

CCS, CPA, Lipscomb, and Webb are all on the verge of playing with the big boys- No one is as scared as the school off of Webb School Ln. Both CCS and Webb should take advantage of the fact that there is less "big schools" in their respective areas and should try as hard as possible to find more scholarships for the right players. Time will tell if Webb is willing to focus more on athletics, instead of inside of the classroom. If they want to keep pace with everybody else (even in AA), the Spartans must return to "recruiting" in the Knoxville area; get everyone that doesn't want to be at Catholic, or guys that will never see starting time at KCHS.

Edited by D23A

On 11/16/2019 at 8:23 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

I've heard the freshmen and  Sophomore class is loaded.  I wonder if we're thinking too small.  I seriously think he wants to play a national schedule and basically become the IMG of Nashville. His name is to big to play local  Especially when the dorms get approved or built.

5 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

The loaded class may be premature FBfan26.  I saw the Father Ryan JV team demolish LA 41-0.....but the Ryan youngsters are supposed to be good as well.  Whipped MBA, JP2, CPA, and BA to name a few....closest game was 14point spread.

LA starts 2 Freshmen and 7 sophomores on Varsity....also several others play meaningful minutes and didn't play in that JV game.  Not taking anything away from FRyan as you guys were very good esp at QB and one particular receiver.

2 hours ago, TTate said:

LA starts 2 Freshmen and 7 sophomores on Varsity....also several others play meaningful minutes and didn't play in that JV game.  Not taking anything away from FRyan as you guys were very good esp at QB and one particular receiver.

Sounds like Father Ryan....80% of team is freshmen/sophomore.  A good battle looks to be brewing between the close neighbors! Eventually LA will surpass FR because of coaching, facilities....and $5k cheaper doesn’t hurt!

On 11/18/2019 at 3:39 PM, PurplePanther said:

Sounds like Father Ryan....80% of team is freshmen/sophomore.  A good battle looks to be brewing between the close neighbors! Eventually LA will surpass FR because of coaching, facilities....and $5k cheaper doesn’t hurt!

I'm sure there's an interested party willing to make up the $5k for a football kid.