Round 2 - Bearden @ Dobyns Bennett

DBGRAD70

DB played a heck of a game tonight. They really hadn't played well in their last few games. This was their best game probably since their 38-13 victor over Farragut back on October 11th. Maryville comes to Kingsport next.

By far their toughest game on the season probably to go along with Alcoa. I think Maryville is just a bit better than Alcoa. I hope DB keeps this game close but unless their defense plays near perfect in which they are capable I fear the Rebels might win this one by 2-3 TD's or possibly more.

Maryville has a tough defense as well. The difference here to me is that Maryville has a better offense & probably the best offense DB has faced on the season. I just don't see the Indians being able to score enough points to win. 

8 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Well if this is a Maryville pedigree coaching staff, Bearden needs to get a new staff. Maybe an Oakland, MBA, Whitehaven, BA, or Ensworth pedigree football coaching staff might get the job done. Shinliver and his many and various pedigree Maryville coaching staff has a 30-36 recorded over 6 years. A 1-5 playoff record also. Throw out the 2014 debacle and you  still just get 2 games over .500. But who knows, maybe this is good as you can get at an academic/basketball school in West Knoxville.

Good post.....I think it's time to bring Shinliver back to the Maryville fold for coaching rehab.....ala Butch Jones and Saban?  Thoughts?....;-)

9 hours ago, dbfanforlife said:

Indians stayed aggressive ,different mindset than I have seen in the past, didn’t fold after being down in the first half, I’m really enjoying this team

Hands down the biggest change in DB football from the past. DB with the lead in the forth quarter and their throwing the ball on their last possession. In the past they would of started 3 runs up the middle and a punt to start the third quarter. Exactly what lost them so many playoff games. Win or lose, I really like this coaching staff. "They ain't Skiert"

• Upvote 1

Yes, very refreshing changes.  Four quarter football. Better defensive coverage. Swarming defense.  Very aggresive offensive play including receivers who can hold on to the ball. Offensive line that makes things happen. Minimal penalties.

There just needs to be one and only one team that shows up. Last night the 2nd half seemed to me to be a different team than we saw in the 1st half. I hope the 2nd half team shows up for 4 qtrs for the Maryville game.

7 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Yes, very refreshing changes.  Four quarter football. Better defensive coverage. Swarming defense.  Very aggresive offensive play including receivers who can hold on to the ball. Offensive line that makes things happen. Minimal penalties.

There just needs to be one and only one team that shows up. Last night the 2nd half seemed to me to be a different team than we saw in the 1st half. I hope the 2nd half team shows up for 4 qtrs for the Maryville game.

Great win for DB. On the flip side, great season making it to the Quarterfinals. DB just does not have enough firepower to expose The Mighty Red. 

Im sure it’s gonna be a packed house up in Kingsport, which it should be since it’s the 3rd round... 

For the Fans of HS football, make it a game until the 4th quarter. Do not take the same game plan that Farragut did and be done by mid way through the 2nd... shaking my head about that.