Daniel Boone @ South-Doyle- Round 2

tonybologna

20 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

SD is not a team we have ever played and thusly I am not familiar with them.     Does anyone know if SD has any kind of a playoff history in let's say the last 10-15 years?     What is the furthest round they have gotten to in the past?

3rd round is the furthest they have gone I believe and that has only been 3-4 times. I do believe this team may be the best team they have had in years. Lots of seniors.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

SD is not a team we have ever played and thusly I am not familiar with them.     Does anyone know if SD has any kind of a playoff history in let's say the last 10-15 years?     What is the furthest round they have gotten to in the past? 

They've made the quarterfinals a few times, and they got to the semifinals in 2016, the year that Farragut won it all. Historically, they've not had a lot of success. All of their playoff wins have come since 2013, with the exception of their quarterfinal run back in 1992 (lost to eventual state champ Marion County).

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Since thier loss to AC they have ran the wildcat with Young no one has been able to answer that besides Powell 

On 11/11/2019 at 9:04 AM, blazer1set said:

Any SD fans on here who can give us some highlights, i.e., what type of offense does SD run, who are the playmakers, what is the defensive strength (line, LB's, DB's, etc.)?      Looks like SD's only losses have been very close games, unlike Boone who got completely blown up in our losses.

As previously mentioned #2 is very good. I believe their QB got hurt early and some said he may be back for the playoffs? Any info on this? If not they may run a lot of 'wildcat' and direct snap to #2 (like they did against Central all night). 

47 minutes ago, KnoxCoSports1 said:

As previously mentioned #2 is very good. I believe their QB got hurt early and some said he may be back for the playoffs? Any info on this? If not they may run a lot of 'wildcat' and direct snap to #2 (like they did against Central all night). 

The teams that beat SD, did they just basically load the box on defense, play man coverage on the wideouts and drop the safety in close as an extra linebacker?

50 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

The teams that beat SD, did they just basically load the box on defense, play man coverage on the wideouts and drop the safety in close as an extra linebacker? 

Powell played a lot of man coverage with a single deep safety, which allowed them to really create problems up front for SD. SD's QB couldn't make the throws to take advantage.

On 11/13/2019 at 5:48 PM, osunut2 said:

Powell played a lot of man coverage with a single deep safety, which allowed them to really create problems up front for SD. SD's QB couldn't make the throws to take advantage.

Powell has the personnel to run that kind of defense against South-Doyle. Not too many other teams do. Boone doesn't have nowhere near the personnel to have a single deep safety type defense. They also can't get away with playing man coverage all the time. They mix up man & zone coverage but just don't have the type of players to match South-Doyle in man coverage. I do think Coach Jenkins for Boone will certainly set his defense to stop Young though.

He's going to go all out to try & stop the Cherokees best player from beating them. I still don't know if Boone can stop Young no matter what defense Boone runs. They don't have a bad defense but they're also not great either. Boone I think can score some points but no way they will be able to match or keep up with South-Doyle putting points up on the board. I've predicted South-Doyle 42-21.