Rhea Co. @ Powell Round 2

Rhea Co.

2 hours ago, KnoxPhoto said:

That’s why I’m figuring how quickly Powell can adjust will play a big factor. If they can make the necessary adjustments early enough, I think they’ll be okay. 

Absolutely, and I agree with that 100%.  It's going to be all about Powell staying disciplined and playing their assignments defensively.  

56 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

HTV, did I hear correctly that Powell scored 60 points (8 TDs and 2 safeties) on just 12 offensive plays in the 1st half against LC? I know it's been said ad nauseam but 4-team regions have got to go.

Yes.  That is correct.  

And Lenoir City can thank the T$$AA for allowing them to be put in that position.  Just disgraceful.  

41 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Powell by 20...

If this game was at Rhea, i think it would be closer, but Powell just has way too many athletes and speed in this one.

The “speed and athletes” will definitely be a concern for Rhea. 

The Eagle defense is talented but young and there's isn’t much mystery about what the offensive game plan will be. Powell is definitely the best team the Eagles have faced this season and they will have play mistake free football and hope for some Powell miscues to have a shot.

GO EAGLES!!

Powell’s speed concerns me. We didn’t fair to well against Red Bank that has comparable speed to Powell. We have a young defense but they have some talent. I’ll be interested to see how our secondary plays against a very good WR group like Powell. If we can generate turnovers like last Friday who knows we might have a shot. 

I still believe that if Rhea can move the ball on offense and keep it out of Powell’s offenses hands it will be closer then some think. If not I agree it will be a 3+ score difference. We will try to limit Powell’s possessions, chew clock, and try to wear down Powell’s defense. 

Edited by Rhea Co.