Rhea Co. @ Powell Round 2

Rhea Co.

17 minutes ago, OleMary said:

Yep. Pal is still putting on the pads tonight. 

Perhaps nothing happens during the playoffs, However if NOTHING is done at all it would be a travesty. There has to be punishment for these coaches actions. That’s complete bush league to walk up to a kid after what was probably a  big Loss and try to sway them to transfer. The Coach(s) involved should be fired, completely ridiculous.

Edited by chsbobcat09

Guess our "Righteous Indignation" don't have a chance tonight.  60-7 Powell, is about how everyone is making it sound on the radio.  Would love for our young men to put about 30 on Powell. - It's still a game.  Line 'em  up and let 'em play.    One play at a time.  I guarantee you one thing, our young men can and will give their all! Our Golden Eagles have already made us proud this year. 

GO EAGLES!!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Guess our "Righteous Indignation" don't have a chance tonight.  60-7 Powell, is about how everyone is making it sound on the radio.  Would love for our young men to put about 30 on Powell. - It's still a game.  Line 'em  up and let 'em play.    One play at a time.  I guarantee you one thing, our young men can and will give their all! Our Golden Eagles have already made us proud this year. 

GO EAGLES!!! 

I believe Rhea Co will leave Knox County tonight heading to the 3rd round next week. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry, but I’m pulling for The Rhea County Eagles in this tussle. I really like Powell’s best poster on here (OSUnut), he’s a great guy, but I’m just not a big fan of his favorite team, although I’m sure the feeling is mutual with him and OR ha. No hard feelings nut, but Go Golden Eagles, I hope y’all kick the daggum tar outta Powell!!

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Sorry, but I’m pulling for The Rhea County Eagles in this tussle. I really like Powell’s best poster on here (OSUnut), he’s a great guy, but I’m just not a big fan of his favorite team, although I’m sure the feeling is mutual with him and OR ha. No hard feelings nut, but Go Golden Eagles, I hope y’all kick the daggum tar outta Powell!!

I grew up pulling for Oak Ridge, I went to Clinton, and have ties to Powell. I love pulling for all of them. Can’t we all just get along lol 

25 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Sorry, but I’m pulling for The Rhea County Eagles in this tussle. I really like Powell’s best poster on here (OSUnut), he’s a great guy, but I’m just not a big fan of his favorite team, although I’m sure the feeling is mutual with him and OR ha. No hard feelings nut, but Go Golden Eagles, I hope y’all kick the daggum tar outta Powell!

No worries, SS. I doubt many folks outside of Powell are pulling for the Panthers right now. And I definitely get it. I've always struggled to root for Central because they pulled so many kids away from Powell back when I was in school.

I'm also an Ohio State alum, so I'm used to this :D

And for the record, I don't have any ill feelings toward OR.

• Like 1

Ahh, no ill feelings Nut, it’s just a friendly little rivalry thing. But, this started for me long before the whole recruiting fiasco ha. Powell is just one of those teams you like to dislike in football as well as basketball. We have a great rivalry going in both, so it just makes it that much more fun to me. I gotta have some team that can fill the void where Clinton used to be, simply because they’ve been so terrible for years in both sports, so I gotta hate someone to make it more fun and interesting. It’s not a genuine hatred, just a sports thing. I don’t like having hate in my heart for anything. It’s not good for the ole soul.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Ahh, no ill feelings Nut, it’s just a friendly little rivalry thing. But, this started for me long before the whole recruiting fiasco ha. Powell is just one of those teams you like to dislike in football as well as basketball. We have a great rivalry going in both, so it just makes it that much more fun to me. I gotta have some team that can fill the void where Clinton used to be, simply because they’ve been so terrible for years in both sports, so I gotta hate someone to make it more fun and interesting. It’s not a genuine hatred, just a sports thing. I don’t like having hate in my heart for anything. It’s not good for the ole soul.

Well said.

Hard to believe that these two didn't meet on the gridiron until long after I was out of school.