TSSAA needs less Divisions

Bulldogfan24

The nine classes in TASAA has diluted the level of competition in all regions regardless of size. There is not a region that has a top to bottom tough teams that are playoff worthy. 
class 1A is the most evident. 
with fewer classes you would have more schools to fill regions with. Region 1A wouldn’t be begging for someone to come to their district. 
Now that all the private schools are in their own playoff. Has really brought to light that public schools are far more adept at recruiting players to their school. Than the privates ever were. 

schools are reporting other schools over this but the TSSAA is unwilling to investigate. They have become afraid of lawsuits. 

I don’t see them changing anything!!! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vandyfan13 said:

Excellent question. I do think there needs to be some restructuring. Personally, I think it would benefit several very small schools if TSSAA would either work with or absorb the MTAC 8 man league. There are several teams out there with dangerously low numbers who would benefit greatly from 8 man. It is growing nationally with the overall decrease in participation. Just a thought

This is a very good idea. 8-man is growing nationwide and would be a good option for many of the 1A schools. 
man 8-man class then 5 different 11-man classes would make a ton of sense.

I don’t necessarily have a problem with decreasing the number of classes. However, I think it’s mostly old guys like us on the boards that want fewer classes. I don’t think you’d find any players that want fewer classes. I don’t think you’d find many coaches that want fewer classes.
You could say the same thing about basketball - coaches have been campaigning for a fourth class for several years

13 hours ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

After looking over a few of the brackets I notice some teams made it into the playoffs with terrible records. In the 1A bracket theirs a few with just a 2-8 record and in the 3A bracket theirs a team with 1-9 record. Why should a team with a losing record be in the playoffs? I can see a 4-6 team making in due to a tough schedule but teams with a 2-8 and 1-9 should not be playing in the playoffs. 

your tryin to take 100K out of chillys pocket in that first round.....

.....T$$AA annual meetin cant party at the Gulf if you take that away

Booger just sayin pinkponypub_0-23fbba415056b36_23fbbbfc-5

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Greenback will be slated for Region 1 again. They won't be able to get the TSSAA to approve their appeal this time around. :popcorneater:

If that happens SP will have it made every year...you want have us to deal with.  I heard on countless occasions after the last time, that we'd probably move up to 2A before going to Region 1.  

• Upvote 1