TSSAA needs less Divisions

Bulldogfan24

On 11/13/2019 at 4:20 PM, ReitzFan said:

The TSSAA will never decrease the amount of classes that they have now. Thus, there is no reason to even talk about it. What they need to do is revamp the playoff system. They used to have a great playoff system in place called The Z plan. That system resulted in many less teams with losing records making the playoffs. If you recall, the top two teams in each region got automatic bids. The rest of the field was set by wild-card bids. That system went away because too many namby-pamby sissy coaches didn't like it because it made them do a little extra work. Say what you want, but the Z plan was much better than what we have now.

Agree with you on the Z plan. Didn't the do away with it when they went to Regions instead of Districts  that had 2 classifications in each? 

1 hour ago, old24eagle said:

I know you hate the travel and i dont blame you. I am glad yall are in our Basketball district. If you werent there would be very little competition for us at all. until yall came to district 2 it was AWFUL! our worst teams would run away with the district title!

Other than the travel playing basketball in Region 1 District 2 is great! It is a good fit for us. You guys take your basketball seriously with great fan support. Would be nice if we could have more fan support in those away games but the travel just too much. Greenback travels well when in closer proximity. Well they used to at least.