Camden

MannBlue

3 hours ago, MannBlue said:

I was actually first told this by a Camden person. I have heard it here too but Camden is where it originated. He and Wolfe were the names being talked. Maybe FSU will call him though. 

The people in town who make these decisions and yes  there is a group,there is  always a group in every town who pour money into the QB club his name isn't a whisper anymore. His aspirations are to be a coach at the college level. He doesn't  hide it.  Coming to Camden doesn't serve that goal. Now Martin  where he is coaching a college coaches son..thats a door opener if he does it right. 

Coach Wards name comes up more than McConnells with those folks thats a pipe dream IMHO.  I know McConnell  is a good coach and that we would be lucky to have him but there is zero chance unless his goals have changed and he just wants to be home and settled. Now  in that situation he would be the man to beat and would more than likely be coach for life.To some thats  huge like Coach Sharpe in Lewis County  and I don't know his mind at all so I maybe wrong.It  wouldn't be nearly the first time.  We will all know by the first of the year  the Superintendent of schools said that with contract and such that will be ideal Mr.Florance is a lets get this done kind of guy who loves football and understands how much the community loves it so that great

You seem like a reasonable  Waverly fan..You are one of the rare  exceptions   You sure you were not raised this side of the Bridge? Seriously I like to poke a couple of waverly fans  and get em riled up so dont take it personal if you see me dogging one or two of em.  Good luck this week vs Parsons  it is hard to beat a good team twice

Edited by Beagle

12 hours ago, 731rumors said:

Hearing that a few former lions, not named McConnell, have applied for the job. One having been at several great programs in Middle TN. 

Great the more to choose from the better. I am not  sold on anyone right now except Coach Wolfe..he is a proven commodity and a great man.  Not even sure he would take the job but i was told he would have come back for the DC job 2 years ago and that he was a whisker away from being Waverlys HC last off season. 

I wouldn't believe McConnell was even a option 2 days ago but the whispers are growing louder with the money men and the Super is a close  family friend who was instrumental in getting him the Waverly job.  It will be done by January one way or the other

10 hours ago, Beagle said:

I wouldn't believe McConnell was even a option 2 days ago but the whispers are growing louder with the money men and the Super is a close  family friend who was instrumental in getting him the Waverly job.  It will be done by January one way or the other

If it's that much of a done deal then why wait until after Christmas?  I cannot speak on behalf of what was in the hallways but the kids on the football field I saw in person twice this year.  Camden was a very senior heavy football team.  There were many who thought they would win the region championship this season (2019).  Last season (2018) they were very close to winning the region championship.  They honestly very well should have beaten Stratford in the first round of the playoffs last season.  The non-region schedule is a good one with Waverly, Creek Wood, Riverside, Huntingdon, and Lewis County.  The region is very manageable but the region that opposes in the first three rounds of the playoffs is a monster no question about it.  

10 hours ago, Beagle said:

That sure would juice up that Camden/Waverly rivalry lol. 

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

If it's that much of a done deal then why wait until after Christmas?  I cannot speak on behalf of what was in the hallways but the kids on the football field I saw in person twice this year.  Camden was a very senior heavy football team.  There were many who thought they would win the region championship this season (2019).  Last season (2018) they were very close to winning the region championship.  They honestly very well should have beaten Stratford in the first round of the playoffs last season.  The non-region schedule is a good one with Waverly, Creek Wood, Riverside, Huntingdon, and Lewis County.  The region is very manageable but the region that opposes in the first three rounds of the playoffs is a monster no question about it.  

You miss understand  I never said it was a done deal at all and if it was I doubt i would know.

January because our Super wants it done before then..  Contracts  winter work outs..that kind of thing.  Mark isnt one to mess around and he said it  on a video interview i watched that ideally he wants it done by january. 

I am not claiming some inside info  just the normal rumors and talk from the big money folks here in town.

Man this thread has turned quiet.  Beagle, so now you hearing McConnell's name getting thrown around. I hear it's his to turn down.  What do I know though?   I would think that they would want to talk to several people to ensure they are making the right choice.  Wolfe needs a conversation to explain his vision.  Waverly will be ready for either one of them that's for sure.  

On 11/23/2019 at 11:38 AM, MannBlue said:

Man this thread has turned quiet.  Beagle, so now you hearing McConnell's name getting thrown around. I hear it's his to turn down.  What do I know though?   I would think that they would want to talk to several people to ensure they are making the right choice.  Wolfe needs a conversation to explain his vision.  Waverly will be ready for either one of them that's for sure.  

This thread is dead.  McConnell and Wolf would both prefer Milan would they not?  I see both are mentioned on that thread.  Are their current jobs > Camden?

On 11/25/2019 at 9:01 AM, BigStickDiplomacy said:

This thread is dead.  McConnell and Wolf would both prefer Milan would they not?  I see both are mentioned on that thread.  Are their current jobs > Camden?

True, Milan is a better coaching option but it’s not home,  we will all have to wait and see.  BPM says Milan has their man and it’s not them.  Well he says the name is not in the thread and their names are, so if he is correct then it’s not them. My money is on Mcconnell or Wolfe getting/taking it. I actually think in that order. At least that’s the feeling I get from my Camden friends. 

On 11/25/2019 at 9:01 AM, BigStickDiplomacy said:

No and yes..WC isnt a better job than Camden in any way shape or form. Their only real good seasons strung together are because of Coach Wolfe he has very little community support and no staff to speak of and most of the really good players there go to Milan for HS..  Camden had like 10 coaches this season...heck we got more coaches teaching class at the HS and Junior High  that dont even coach any more than most schools districts have on staff. He would have all the help that he doesnt have there and would be able to pick and choose who he does and doesnt want involved. plus money we raise about 20 grand a year in one fishing Tournament and thats just for starters.The QB club is well funded and organised.   The other thing is Coach Wolfe lives here in Camden  right across the street from the school 

MWV maybe better  for now with that QB and RB  but normally no. Big college town, the facilities are nice but the money isn't that good. rumors are he isnt happy there but It is all rumors at this point 

I would think either coach Wolfe or McConnell would pick Milan over Camden  for sure if they are looking for State Championships quality athletes  across the board and were offered the job but i dont know if thats the case.

19 hours ago, MannBlue said:

True, Milan is a better coaching option but it’s not home,  we will all have to wait and see.  BPM says Milan has their man and it’s not them.  Well he says the name is not in the thread and their names are, so if he is correct then it’s not them. My money is on Mcconnell or Wolfe getting/taking it. I actually think in that order. At least that’s the feeling I get from my Camden friends. 

You are correct. It is not either one of them.