Camden

MannBlue

38 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Just heard MWV has countered and offered more money.  Stay tuned. 

Lol it’s not about money for McConnell. It’s about being home. Obviously. I mean he is basically giving up any hopes of making it to State by coming home. He is putting his family first. Let’s be honest, Camden football is on a decline. The JR High program is a joke. Will McConnell make Camden better? Absolutely! But probably never good enough to compete for a 3A State Title. Even when they go to the new classification, it will be tough. I am truly happy for McConnell and his family for his decision to go home. 

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Lol it’s not about money for McConnell. It’s about being home. Obviously. I mean he is basically giving up any hopes of making it to State by coming home. He is putting his family first. Let’s be honest, Camden football is on a decline. The JR High program is a joke. Will McConnell make Camden better? Absolutely! But probably never good enough to compete for a 3A State Title. Even when they go to the new classification, it will be tough. I am truly happy for McConnell and his family for his decision to go home. 

I agree ..I mean who would want to raise their kids in Waverly when they can raise them in Camden right!  Then again Martin is a nice place as well.

P.S.  it is about money 99% of the time...getting to go home for extra money is a bonus.

Edited by Beagle

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Then why did he even come to Martin to begin with?

13 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Then why did he even come to Martin to begin with?

Because Marit is WAY closer to home than Waverly ....or He doesnt know squat. His name says it all. He hates Camden..Maybe it was all the beatings he took in HS football. who knows.   
He came there for more money and a chance to get into the college ranks. 

Either way it is official  He was named as Head Coach here today By Coach/Principal McDowell. Money played a factor no doubt. 

Edited by Beagle