ShadRoach :)

Pinocchio007

4 hours ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Barney,

Asking for a friend... what’s Your thoughts on this topic. Better to consolidate Heritage and WB make one large school close to 3,000 students. Biggest in the state with every resource to make Blount County High Top Tier. Talk about making some noise. Across the state and in the county “which is only getting bigger” 

Or multiple community schools

bringing back Eagleton/ Walland and Friendsville/ Lanier on the other side of the county. 

Both ways have perks. But, if people want to change Athletics. IMO consolidating is the “BEST” option. 

Ill hang up and Listen 

Had a friend that was one of these two schools best 2 or 3 players of all time mentioned to me they should combine both team for football only and see what happens. Heritage had 40 kids out from 10-12 grade, WB had 47. If they tried doing this right now that don't mean 87 would be on the team. Most likely you would have an attrition rate of 33% for one reason or the other but take my word you would, seen it before in all other consolidation attempts. This would leave you about 58 players. Guess what Maryville has 82 out in those grades and Alcoa has about 54 grades 10-12. Think your just jumping from the oven to the frying pan. In today's world kids want to grow up fast and get a job and a car. No better place in the world to say this is happening than Heritage High School. Most of the boy's going there value that over playing any sports. There was a graph in the paper two or three weeks ago about school ACT Scores and the state average was 41.7% with Heritage scoring 32.2% and WB 41,2%. Alcoa had 53.5 and Maryville 70.1%.   My thoughts are when all the Blount County Schools consolidated those kids from those small community schools were thrown to the wolves and after 40 plus years of watching that big mistake I like so many others would like to return. Back in those last years of Lanier, Porter and Walland those schools went to the playoffs when they picked 8 teams per class and one won the state in 1975. now what we have is a total disaster.

Edited by BarneySox2007

On 11/15/2019 at 10:07 AM, Pinocchio007 said:

Hello orngblk, 

You must talk to ShadRoach and have a lot of connections to the WB faithful. Since you two both have all the answers to how to run a program or the WB program. I’d would love for you “Coach” to tell everyone on this thread ? 

Because I think a lot of ppl would benefit from your all’s knowledge. 

I have no dog in the fight, but I could set up the arrangements for this event to happen. Since you two know the answers and can solve every problem. As I said before, People who talk about programs and do not “HELP” to the fullest. Obviously, do not have the best interest in for the school or kids... liking the coach or not. Talk to the ppl in charge. If your even “Creditable” 

You HATE it for the kids??? Why you one of the ppl who bash the whole program and Blount county athletics. When you or ShadRoach never contribute to the Cause. Therefore, you two are both frauds to anyone “CAREING” about Athletics. 

Want change for BC Athletics.... Money Talks big boy. You should know that. 

Ill hang up and Listen. 

If it’s like it was. Back in the late 80’s the coaches play the kids who parents give the most money to the booster club and not the good players. 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:06 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Kind of hoping it was a sign we could possibly be returning to our roots in the future and eventually downsize the two big giant disasters they built in 77 and 79.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:23 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

My thoughts are when all the Blount County Schools consolidated those kids from those small community schools were thrown to the wolves and after 40 plus years of watching that big mistake I like so many others would like to return. Back in those last years of Lanier, Porter and Walland those schools went to the playoffs when they picked 8 teams per class and one won the state in 1975. now what we have is a total disaster.

100% correct!!

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, Pinocchio007 said:

Barney,

Asking for a friend... what’s Your thoughts on this topic. Better to consolidate Heritage and WB make one large school close to 3,000 students. Biggest in the state with every resource to make Blount County High Top Tier. Talk about making some noise. Across the state and in the county “which is only getting bigger” 

Or multiple community schools

bringing back Eagleton/ Walland and Friendsville/ Lanier on the other side of the county. 

Both ways have perks. But, if people want to change Athletics. IMO consolidating is the “BEST” option. 

Ill hang up and Listen 

I know you addressed this to Barney and he answered it pretty well, but I hope you don't mind my input as well.

I've made my opinion rather clear that I think consolidation was one of the worst decisions Blount county ever made. They sold out the kids to make a few dollars.

So naturally I think combining the schools would be an even bigger disaster.

Look at the objective evidence. Look at all the former players and excellent students from both county schools that made sure their kids did not go to those same schools. Former Valedictorians, youth pastors, business owners, etc.  along with outstanding athletes, chose for their kids to not go to the same Big school they were herded to when they were students.

If the big consolidated schools were the best option, these parents surely after experiencing it for themselves would want their kids to have the same opportunity.

No one that supports huge consolidated schools can provide a logical answer as to why former students who became successful adults and successful parents, would purposefully go out of their way to make sure their children didn't go to that same school if they thought it was the best option for their own children.

When successful parents from small community schools start relocating their kids for the sole purpose of having them enrolled in large consolidated schools, then maybe there will be a reasonable argument for the big schools.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If kids are showing up at the doorstep of other schools around with the same story and the AD and Boosters turn a blind eye to it then the program will be where it's at from now on out.

Im confused, are you saying that WB coaches play the kids whose parents are part of the booster club over a player that may be better at a position?  If so please tell me who? 

18 minutes ago, williebgovs04 said:

Im confused, are you saying that WB coaches play the kids whose parents are part of the booster club over a player that may be better at a position?  If so please tell me who? 

I don't think he's saying that.  He's saying that kids are leaving for other schools and there's a reason.  He says that the WBHS AD and boosters are turning a blind eye as to why this kids are leaving.

However, I will add this.  I don't think it's all the AD and boosters.  Until the county commission decides to invest funds in the athletic programs above current levels, the county programs will have problems competing with facilities of the city schools.

Edited by OldRebel2

53 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

I don't think he's saying that.  He's saying that kids are leaving for other schools and there's a reason.  He says that the AD and boosters are turning a blind eye as to why this kids are leaving.

well some say they leave because they want to play for state championships, and others have left for various reasons, can someone please pinpoint it

3 minutes ago, williebgovs04 said:

well some say they leave because they want to play for state championships, and others have left for various reasons, can someone please pinpoint it

The County Commission will not even AC the dressing rooms for the football team.  I would speculate that the football dressing rooms are the only dressing rooms that don't have AC.  This is just one example.

2 hours ago, williebgovs04 said:

Willie someone else said that not me. I couldn't tell you anything about that. All I'm saying is for a team with such a small number out for football for a 6A school there seems to be a problem with kids jumping ship. I personally have never blamed the kids but the adult that is behind them for such a move. It's harder to keep 47 daddies happy than 47 kids. These kids don't want to pick up and move away from their friends, it's the unhappy daddy that pulls those strings.