McKamey resigns at Clinton

HTV

2 hours ago, DragonVol said:

Since Brad Collette has been the AD, he's made two hires... Matt Byrd (baseball) and Randy Mckamey (Football). Both of those coaches had to be ran out of town for various reasons. The problem with Clinton is in the administration. 

You can add the former boys soccer coach to that list too.  Seems to me that if you can't please all of the parents all of the time, coaches are shown the door.  That can't sound very attractive to a quality HC.     Like SweetScience said, they'll have to pray they find a diamond in the rough if things are going to change.    Unfortunately, that hasn't seemed to work in the last 21yrs.

• Like 1

By my count that is 6 coaches within the past 3.5 years.  Boys soccer, baseball, 2x football, softball, and cheerleading.  

This looks like a systemic symptom of poor leadership.  The question is, where does the poor leadership begin?  

Edited by dragone
typo

1 minute ago, dragone said:

By my count that is 6 coaches within the past 3.5 years.  Boys soccer, baseball, 2x football, softball, and cheerleading.  

This looks like a systemic symptom of poor leadership.  The question is, where does the poor leadership begin?  

How has Basketball been? Same coach has been there for a long time? Reason? 

4 hours ago, Dragondog said:

You can add the former boys soccer coach to that list too.  Seems to me that if you can't please all of the parents all of the time, coaches are shown the door.  That can't sound very attractive to a quality HC.     Like SweetScience said, they'll have to pray they find a diamond in the rough if things are going to change.    Unfortunately, that hasn't seemed to work in the last 21yrs.

I think you can add grandparents to that list of people to please.

No matter who the coach is at Clinton, they will need longer than 3 years to turn the program around. 

Anyone that couldn't see the improvement in Clinton since McKamey took over must be an idiot.

The offense struggled YES I get that! But the defense was so much improved and kept us in alot of games. Clinton lost 8 games by 14 points or less under McKamey. I remember when we were losing games 74-0!!

Parents and fans need to keep their noses out of everything and let the coaching staff do their jobs. 

I've been a fan of Clinton football for roughly 30 years. But I'm getting so sick and tired of the way things are being ran over there and all the politics involved.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

No matter who the coach is at Clinton, they will need longer than 3 years to turn the program around. 

Anyone that couldn't see the improvement in Clinton since McKamey took over must be an idiot.

The offense struggled YES I get that! But the defense was so much improved and kept us in alot of games. Clinton lost 8 games by 14 points or less under McKamey. I remember when we were losing games 74-0!!

Parents and fans need to keep their noses out of everything and let the coaching staff do their jobs. 

I've been a fan of Clinton football for roughly 30 years. But I'm getting so sick and tired of the way things are being ran over there and all the politics involved.  

Bravo  well said !!!   People today want instant gratification.  Most parents today dont understand that rebuilding a program takes time, lots of time. That place was a dumpster fire when he took over. It took him 4 or 5 seasons at GCA to get them turned around, after he got it going in the right direction they were constantly good. 

33 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Well said. The offense was a mess, but he really did an impressive job turning that defense around. Going to be interesting to see where they go from here.