McKamey resigns at Clinton

HTV

If I had my guess Mr McCamey has had a very successful career as a contractor and may not need all this stress in his life coaching football being evaluated every week by couch potatoes in the stands and on Coach T.  No one coaches forever and most schools out there usually have a coach for just a very few years and things change. I'm pretty sure he came to Clinton with great intentions but things just didn't work out as planned and you know, that's usually the case in 95% of the coaching jobs out there.

34 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If I had my guess Mr McCamey has had a very successful career as a contractor and may not need all this stress in his life coaching football being evaluated every week by couch potatoes in the stands and on Coach T.  No one coaches forever and most schools out there usually have a coach for just a very few years and things change. I'm pretty sure he came to Clinton with great intentions but things just didn't work out as planned and you know, that's usually the case in 95% of the coaching jobs out there.

I'd agree with you, but I think he still has the desire to coach. The problem is people want instant gratification and not willing to wait, rebuilding takes a while. It took him 4 or 5 years at grace to get it turned around over there.

6 minutes ago, LG1977 said:

Who's on the short list? I forgot the names I was told but I heard an Oak Ridge coach, an Anderson County coach, a Fulton Coach and some college coach?  I have never kept up with Clinton but I understand they have a huge indoor facility that should attract a lot of folks 

The indoor facility is nice but it's not nearly as big as it's made out to be. Honestly it's actually pretty small.   I dont think the OC at Anderson County would leave to go back to Clinton. He has a pretty good thing going right now.

2 hours ago, bobcats98 said:

Please elaborate? 

Well one of the backdoor things he did at Clinton that he got caught at was he had two players that were still enrolled at Campbell Co. practice at Clinton during spring practice. That does not fly anywhere, not even in Knox County. I don't think even Matt Lowe would try and get away with that, but you never know.

Clinton is just gonna have to find a diamond in the rough type of coach and hopefully get lucky in whoever it is. I don’t see any good established coaches wanting to take on the dumpster fire there that has been going on for years. For their fans like 92Dragon, I hope I’m wrong. The AC OC sounds like he could be a good coach, but not sure he’d wanna take that job on or not. I guess we’ll see.