McKamey resigns at Clinton

HTV

4 minutes ago, BeachHound said:

Clinton CAN be a good job... Keyword CAN...  they have only won 60 games in the last 20 years, with only 3 winning seasons.  Expectations must be tempered, community and admin. must buy in, and the bleeding to other programs must be stopped.  Otherwise, this same discussion will be posted on here in another 2-4 years, regardless of who they hire.  

This. spot on.  

I would guess Ellison would take the job. I think he still teaches at Plow and would jump at the chance to get out of there.  

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

This. spot on.  

I would guess Ellison would take the job. I think he still teaches at Plow and would jump at the chance to get out of there.  

They'll need to clean house and open some slots for him to hire a quality staff as well.  AC has an army of coaches... Hard to compete in 5A when all the staff is disloyal OR teaching jobs are eaten up by non-coaches that were from the previous regime, likely working against the new hire.

2 hours ago, BeachHound said:

They'll need to clean house and open some slots for him to hire a quality staff as well.  AC has an army of coaches... Hard to compete in 5A when all the staff is disloyal OR teaching jobs are eaten up by non-coaches that were from the previous regime, likely working against the new hire.

What makes you think the entire staff is "disloyal"?  That's a bold assumption.  Also I was told that a lot of his staff either teaches at another school or they are non faculty coaches.  Lastly, just coming on here and asking for men to lose their jobs, jobs that provide for their families, is a cowards way of fixing this situation.  That's just my opinion though.

Edited by LG1977

5 minutes ago, LG1977 said:

What makes you think the entire staff is "disloyal"?  That's a bold assumption.  Also I was told that a lot of his staff either teaches at another school or they are non faculty coaches.  Lastly, just coming on here and asking for men to lose their jobs, jobs that provide for their families, is a cowards way of fixing this situation.  That's just my opinion though.

Absolutely, I should have qualified that with a HUGE all caps IF...  I don't know any of the staff etc.  IF you run into hurdles like that, a new coach needs to be able to "clean house."  Often times if the existing staff doesn't have an inside hire, it is tough for the next coach as well, since at least one of them will put their hat in the ring.  

Most is hypothetical scenario type language in such a thread, please understand that.

Edited by BeachHound

1 minute ago, BeachHound said:

Absolutely, I should have qualified that with a HUGE all caps IF...  I don't know any of the staff etc.  IF you run into hurdles like that, a new coach needs to be able to "clean house."  Often times if the existing staff doesn't have an inside hire, it is tough for the next coach as well, since at least one of them will put their hat in the ring.  

Also,  the only coach I'm told "was disloyal" was the defensive coordinator he hired in the off season.  I was told from a source very close to the program that he would always under mind Mckamey and purposely try and make him look bad on the practice field to the players and other coaches.  Apparently he did the same to parents as well.  I was told that parents actually were fed up with his antics and the way he treated not only Mckamey but the players a well.  I know he was let go after the season before Mckamey resigned and any cancer like that should stay away from a football team all together.  I'm told he actually applied for the job.  Not only does that make him a cancer but a cancer that doesn't know when to go away after treatment.  My 2 cents

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LG1977 said:

Also,  the only coach I'm told "was disloyal" was the defensive coordinator he hired in the off season.  I was told from a source very close to the program that he would always under mind Mckamey and purposely try and make him look bad on the practice field to the players and other coaches.  Apparently he did the same to parents as well.  I was told that parents actually were fed up with his antics and the way he treated not only Mckamey but the players a well.  I know he was let go after the season before Mckamey resigned and any cancer like that should stay away from a football team all together.  I'm told he actually applied for the job.  Not only does that make him a cancer but a cancer that doesn't know when to go away after treatment.  My 2 cents

I texted my friend because I couldn't remember his name.  Boatman he said.  So if I'm Clinton I ask that boat to keep on sailing.  Apparently he's been with 3 teams in 3 years?  Always a reason for that. Add another cent for me.

• Like 1

My thought was when Oak Ridge played Clinton (a 27-14 OR win) was why isn't this team better?  They had good size in the lines, good skill #7 was really good and a decent QB, I think they could be good if they got the right Head Coach and let him bring some good assistants. They have that nice new facility and rumors abound of building a new stadium at the high school......only time will tell

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 9:13 AM, 92Dragon said:

No matter who the coach is at Clinton, they will need longer than 3 years to turn the program around. 

Anyone that couldn't see the improvement in Clinton since McKamey took over must be an idiot.

The offense struggled YES I get that! But the defense was so much improved and kept us in alot of games. Clinton lost 8 games by 14 points or less under McKamey. I remember when we were losing games 74-0!!

Parents and fans need to keep their noses out of everything and let the coaching staff do their jobs. 

I've been a fan of Clinton football for roughly 30 years. But I'm getting so sick and tired of the way things are being ran over there and all the politics involved.  

I’m glad to see one of our fans has some common sense. The parents and politics in this community is ridiculous right now. It’s turning into be a very hard place for anyone to coach at. Our football program is a solid 4-6 year rebuild but obviously people in the community can’t understand that. We don’t exactly have a ton of athletes in any sport right now that can bring us any kind of success. We sadly have a bunch of unrealistic expectations for our sports programs. Building a successful program takes a lot of time and with the region we are in it’s gonna be awhile for us in all sports period. As far as football is concern, face it all the good players are going to AC right now and I can’t blame them for that.  Randy did a good job with what he had to work with which wasn’t much all three years. All I know is that until the administration, community, and central office can get their crap together, nothing will ever change. But 6 head coaches being forced to resign in 3 1/2 years tells me enough about the administration at Clinton HS.