2019 D2-AAA Annual Post Season Bracket & Gold Ball Booger Pickin Contest

Booger

We r officially here for the 2019 T$$AA post season money makin extraviganza. We r also officially into football post season palyoff run to the Gold Ball Dance in Cookeville.

.....which means Boogers Annual Post Season Bracket and Championship Pickin Contest.....which also means Booger is almost assured another top 3 finish and maybe even another Pickin Contest

for u rookies...each match-up win is worthy of 1 point and totaled for that week...all the way into the Gold Ball contest.....if u happen b in a tie for points goin into the Big Dance...the tie will b broken by the leaders who have picked the winner......and the one with closest final score

as is with the D2-AA Pickin Contest......it appears that this years annual D2-AAA Booger Pickin Champion could b in line to win a free night at the T$$AA deal cuttin contest at the Pink Pony Pub with all the 190 Crazy Horses, Pony Burgers & Karoake u can handle......too include a Gallon of Halsams Pilot Petroleum Gold Tannin Lotion to lather yourself up while your there

....vote with your hearts ladys....please vote with your hearts:wub:.....

Booger just sayin images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5sAIIk0nf0_yFIu_opyD

Round 1 Winnners

McCallie

Briarcrest

MUS

Baylor

Semi-Final Winners

McCallie

Baylor

Gold Ball Contest

McCallie 41-37

Baylor has proven in prior seasons that they can travel all the way to Memphis and still pick up a win, even in the biggest of moments. I can't see how Briarcrest can do the same coming all the way in Chattanooga. A Briarcrest-McCallie semifinal game would be a great game to see, especially between the two running games. That game is a toss up waiting to happen, but like Catholic going to MUS, the long travel may get to the Saints. We'll see after how both teams perform in the quarterfinals.

This would leave a matchup that everybody in Chattanooga is dreaming about, a championship between the two city powerhouses. This game too, because of the intensity of the rivalry, would be a toss up too. A Baylor team, seeking revenge (as well as their first DII State Title), going up against a McCallie team (who didn't have Jay Hardy for the first game) that wants to prove everybody that they CAN beat an improved Baylor team for a second time in a season.

Edited by D23A

3 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Ensworth Boog? I don’t think they have the run defense to win in the cold weather. 

is the Suk Creek Red Raiders new most largest fan gonna do a Pickin?.....if not..... then Sparty can ask questions & opinionate in another thread

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Round 1:

McCallie

Briarcrest

MUS

MBA

Round 2:

Briarcrest

MBA

GOLD BALL- Briarcrest 24-17

I can’t believe I have MBA making a run....but don’t see Big Red losing a rematch....until the Championship...lol

Briarcrest runs for 300+ On Ensworth since my Irish ran for 200 on them.  I didn’t see the stats, but can only imagine what Baylor, KC, BA put on them.  Let’s see how this rookie does on the picks.

Round 1 Winnners

McCallie

Briacrest

MUS

Baylor

Semi-Final Winners

Briacrest

Baylor

Gold Ball Contest

Baylor 31-24

McCallie wins by a couple of scores (open s it up late) despite not playing their best ball the past couple of weeks  

Don’t think Ensworth will be able to hold up against that pounding line of Briarcrest and apparently a running back that is almost in Howard’s atmosphere. (Havnt seen them just have heard this all year). 

This is really a toss up. MUS could win especially through the air offensively  but Catholic could also win behind that line. The trip to Memphis is the small difference  

No rain means a much higher scoring game  but if Baylor can pass that means MBA can’t stack the box. If they can’t stack the box they won’t slow Howard. If they don’t slow Howard they have no shot. 

Very tough year to pick as the season has been pretty wide open.  Who'dathunk BA would not even make the playoffs?!

Round 1 Winnners

McCallie

Briacrest

Knox Catholic

Baylor

Semi-Final Winners

McCallie

Baylor

Gold Ball Contest

Baylor 28 McCallie 14

Edited by JRB

Waited and waited and this still wasn't any easier. Eight very good teams here. I started writing this last night, and it looks like WilsonJr1990 and I independently came up with the same predictions — aside from the championship game score. To that end, I'm taking the over.

All four quarterfinal games will be streaming live online, both audio and video. However, an NFHS paid subscription is required for three of them. Local TV in Nashville (Channel 30) has Shelbyville/Beech. Not sure about other markets, or audio-only streams that some schools may provide.

The MBA stream is already live.

MBA at Baylor (MBA version -- FREE)
https://livestream.com/bigred/events/8895270

Christian Brothers at McCallie (NFHS)
https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/tssaa/gamaa212a3399

Knoxville Catholic at Memphis University School (NFHS)
https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/memphis-university-school-memphis-tn/gam1a791857ab

Ensworth at Briarcrest (NFHS)
https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/briarcrest-christian-school-eads-tn/gamd3df40df67

And now, on with the predictions.

Quarterfinals
E1 McCallie over W4 CBHS
-CBHS has a great defense, but McCallie's prolific rushing game is exceptionally difficult to bottle up for the duration of a game.  CBHS' best hope is a strong performance from senior RB Al Wooten. Take advantage of the 40 second play clock, limit possessions with a run-heavy approach, minimize turnovers, and give yourself a chance to win it in the fourth quarter.

W2 Briarcrest over E3 Ensworth
-Briarcrest's exceptional run defense will force the Tigers to throw. If Briarcrest punts to Keshawn Lawrence, they will get what they deserve. Not advisable at all. One week after containing McCallie's prolific offense, the Tigers will be tasked with stopping a similarly successful rushing game from the Saints. Can Ensworth contain Ole Miss verbal commit RB Jabari Small?

W1 MUS over E4 Knox Catholic
A big win at Briarcrest two weeks ago gave MUS a home game. Had they lost, MUS would've been looking at a long trip to Chattanooga as the W3 seed. MUS has a stout defense, particularly against the run, and Catholic might have to lean on sophomore QB Kaden Martin to get a tough win on the road. Not an easy task.

E2 Baylor over W3 MBA
After torrential rain bogged down their regular-season meeting, the playoff rematch down in Chattanooga should be interesting. The Big Red are probably the best 6-4 team in the state, but Baylor RB Elijah Howard under more normal conditions is going to be a much bigger problem IMO.

Semifinals
E1 McCallie over W2 Briarcrest
While the Saints have an excellent run defense, McCallie is very adept at running outside the tackles. DeAngelo Hardy runs the Blue Tornado option exceptionally well. He's highly elusive, plus he's an accurate passer.

E2 Baylor over W1 MUS
A long trip for Baylor, and MUS' run defense versus Baylor RB Elijah Howard would be an intriguing matchup.

Championship Game
E2 Baylor 34, E1 McCallie 28
Baylor gets revenge on McCallie , the only team to beat Baylor this season.

On 11/14/2019 at 5:27 PM, PurplePanther said:

I can’t believe I have MBA making a run....but don’t see Big Red losing a rematch....until the Championship...lol

Briarcrest runs for 300+ On Ensworth since my Irish ran for 200 on them.  I didn’t see the stats, but can only imagine what Baylor, KC, BA put on them.  Let’s see how this rookie does on the picks.

Purple Panther looking like the Purple Prophet ;) MBA up 12-7 in the 4th.