Wade to Goodpasture???

Whistleblower1

This is about more than who they hire. It’s a mindset shift. It’s a difference in commitment. 

Are they willing to make the commitment? Are they willing to go after the kids? Are they willing to spend the money to get those kids? Are they willing to open the purse strings to make the facilities enticing? 

If so, are they willing to accept this is a 3-5 year window to see the fruits of those changes? They’re way behind to start and have to play catch up. 

The possibility is there. Is the commitment?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eers said:

This is about more than who they hire. It’s a mindset shift. It’s a difference in commitment. 

Are they willing to make the commitment? Are they willing to go after the kids? Are they willing to spend the money to get those kids? Are they willing to open the purse strings to make the facilities enticing? 

If so, are they willing to accept this is a 3-5 year window to see the fruits of those changes? They’re way behind to start and have to play catch up. 

The possibility is there. Is the commitment?

I’d say GCS is in a similar situation as LA was last year when they hired Dilfer and they reaped those rewards immediately. I don't think the window is 3-5 years. GCS has great facilities and plenty of athletes walking the halls who would likely play for the right coach. 

5 minutes ago, CFAfan said:

I’d say GCS is in a similar situation as LA was last year when they hired Dilfer and they reaped those rewards immediately. I don't think the window is 3-5 years. GCS has great facilities and plenty of athletes walking the halls who would likely play for the right coach. 

Their facilities compared to other D2AA schools are way behind. They are on par with the local schools they are competing with though. This is a long term hire and early scuttlebutt is they have been working big names with no takers yet.

Sonn (great person and coach) attracts kids there and so could a football coach but it’s easier to get a stud  and place four role players around him than 1 with 10 around him.  I wish them luck. I know some guys coaches there and they are great folks plus Lynn  Deering is the Pat Summit of TN HS volleyball. 

1 hour ago, CFAfan said:

The facilities are not what other D2AA schools have and neither are the athletes. Is the goal to be .500 or to be better? I would assume it’s to be able to win in region and to donthat you have to have more athletes and better facilities. Silver didn’t make that impact all by himself. The facilities at Lipscomb are better and the money is being spent. You can’t take the “athletes” walking the hall and beat their region opponents. You have to go get them. The mentality of attracting kids the way they have in the past will keep the “right hire” from getting excited about it. 

They don’t have the Jimmys and Joes to win at D2AA. 

5 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Their facilities compared to other D2AA schools are way behind. They are on par with the local schools they are competing with though. This is a long term hire and early scuttlebutt is they have been working big names with no takers yet.

Sonn (great person and coach) attracts kids there and so could a football coach but it’s easier to get a stud  and place four role players around him than 1 with 10 around him.  I wish them luck. I know some guys coaches there and they are great folks plus Lynn  Deering is the Pat Summit of TN HS volleyball. 

3 hours ago, eers said:

The facilities are not what other D2AA schools have and neither are the athletes. Is the goal to be .500 or to be better? I would assume it’s to be able to win in region and to donthat you have to have more athletes and better facilities. Silver didn’t make that impact all by himself. The facilities at Lipscomb are better and the money is being spent. You can’t take the “athletes” walking the hall and beat their region opponents. You have to go get them. The mentality of attracting kids the way they have in the past will keep the “right hire” from getting excited about it. 

I think the right coach can get them really competitive really quickly which is something they have definitely not been. Facilities on par with FRA, CPA and I am certain they are willing and able to spend some more to make them better. That’s beside the point though. How many schools really have great facilities? That’s not a necessity. 

2 hours ago, CFAfan said:

I think the right coach can get them really competitive really quickly which is something they have definitely not been. Facilities on par with FRA, CPA and I am certain they are willing and able to spend some more to make them better. That’s beside the point though. How many schools really have great facilities? That’s not a necessity. 

At GP you’re not competing with the average schools for talent. Their facilities aren’t comparable to the schools they compete with in D2AA. I guess it depends on what your goal is. Competitive occasionally or a football tradition? For the latter to be true, you have to consistently get the athletes, which is something you don’t do with the current mindset. To compete every year you have to do what the others are doing at minimum. You have to be committed to going after kids, not just coaching who enrolls. I personally believe that too many associated with the program believe the athletes to win are in the building. Without changing that mindset you won’t attract the kind of coach they think they can. Not from another private nor an established public. 

If they commit, they can succeed. If not, .500 will be a good year because they won’t beat the four teams in Region... who have made the commitment. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, eers said:

One look at the  All Region selections will tell you that.

• Like 1

This is a moot point. They are probably only willing to pay slightly more than a Metro coach would be paid due to their impending lawsuit. Never mind their previous head coach probably got paid as much and was double dipping. With the cost of living exceeding almost, if not any, county in the state, I'd say their options are limited. Pretty much limits them to another coach that can double dip.

Edited by Boudreaux

On 12/7/2019 at 6:49 PM, CFAfan said:

How soon can we expect a hire? Hearing the realistic names bantered about. I say Rankin is a pipe dream and it will be Haywood when Quinn and Wade turn them down. If Haywood doesn't take it where do they turn? Thats what I find most intriguing Bout the whole deal. 

Wade is staying at DCA, more than likely because he’s only been there a short time. Would be a bad look to leave now. They don’t even want Quinn so there’s that.