Wade to Goodpasture???

Whistleblower1

4 hours ago, mtsussig said:

While Wade has done a fine job at DCA Div 2 A is no comparison to Div 2 AA. Goodpasture will hire better. 

Not sure GPS could do much better than Wade at this point.  Wade has always done a great job of putting himself in great situations.  Not sure what that really means, but it is fact.  Because of that, he has been in great programs both as an assistant and head coach. The question at this point, can he really coach or is he a product of great situations.  He went winless at DCA in year 1 with inferior talent.  The kids that stuck around and played this past season got to have a winning season.  That says a lot in my mind.  They were more experienced this season and they produced.  DCA defense was pretty good this past season.  They are old school on offense, but I like it.  Pound the ball and play action.

16 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Haha So Wade coming from D2AAA with 10 rings isn’t as good as a D2 AA coach??? Come on man that’s just a silly post. You don’t really really believe that. 

I am just saying D2 AA is a lot better then D2 A.  Yes Wade has had success has a HC but all of that success has been at the lowest level of play.  His success as an asst was at Enswoth, while impressive, I feel anyone should have success with those resources.

There are enough Blue collar families, in Springfield, Greenbrier, Joelton etc that if Goodpasture got this right would consider sending their son.  You don't have to go pay all kinds of players if you have the right HC is place.  They have pretty good numbers on their 7-8 grade team so if the right coach is hired the number issue could fix itself.  Goodpasture will never have 90+ like Lipscomb or CPA but could get into the 60's in a couple of years.  Lipscomb will more then likely make the move to AAA and Goodpasture can compete against FRA and with the right hire can compete against CPA and BGA.  They have facilities planned and I think if they show a commitment to football with this hire you could see additional monies coming in. The names I am hearing are exciting, all depends if they pull the trigger.

Edited by mtsussig