Wade to Goodpasture???

Whistleblower1

On 4/12/2021 at 12:03 PM, jklivin said:

Brent Dorris would be a Great Hire! He is on staff and graduate from Goodpasture! They need stabilty and need someone NOT looking to just use as a springboard to the next job. 

You been on the Dorris train since 2016 per your posts. Does he have a good shot of getting the job? If not he will eventually get a HC job. By all accounts he’s a good coach. Wish him well. 

• Like 1

Isn't Coach Dorris the Offensive Coordinator at McGavock High School? :?:

Why would he leave a 6A school with a better pool of athletes and a higher ceiling to go to a limited talent pool with more restrictions...??

Not sure how long he has been OC there, but looking objectively at their offensive output, not sure he is ready for a HC role...??  I know 6A to D2-AA is kind of apples to oranges, but just my 2 cents.

Sorry Y2kg46 that you don't have the updated information on Coach Dorris he is coaching at Goodpasture where he graduated from and both his sons attend. Plus, he probably wants to help get Goodpasture back at the top. How can you honestly say that he is not ready just by looking at METRO numbers. Question have you been to McGavock?  Have you been in their facilities? Have you been to their practices?.... Trust me he is ready and just like a lot of Great assistance coaches, they just need the opportunity.

3 hours ago, jklivin said:

Sorry Y2kg46 that you don't have the updated information on Coach Dorris he is coaching at Goodpasture where he graduated from and both his sons attend. Plus, he probably wants to help get Goodpasture back at the top. How can you honestly say that he is not ready just by looking at METRO numbers. Question have you been to McGavock?  Have you been in their facilities? Have you been to their practices?.... Trust me he is ready and just like a lot of Great assistance coaches, they just need the opportunity.

The is no way that someone/anyone will have the health & dental benefits as MNPS and the retirement plan at Goodpasture is not close to the defined pension plan that the State of Tennessee has.  Just stating facts!

On 4/15/2021 at 2:25 PM, jklivin said:

I’m not sure if he gets the job because I know very little about GP’s hiring process. He’s put in time at multiple schools to get a shot though.  I would think if GP has him on staff that he’s got to be on their short list. 

It would be great for him to coach his kids though. I wish him well. 

Edited by Playerscoach

Brent Dorris coached 7-8 grade last season and is not on staff at the school.  If they are not going to go outside the current staff then the only person on staff that deserves the job is Greg Cotton. He would be a great choice but I am just not sure what the rest of the Goodpasture Community will think about it.  If given a shot he will do well. Goodpasture will take a step back this season but by all indications, Cotton is doing a fantastic job of recruiting current students.  Goodpasture has to get their numbers up before success can be had.

5 hours ago, MTSUSIG said:

Brent Dorris coached 7-8 grade last season and is not on staff at the school.  If they are not going to go outside the current staff then the only person on staff that deserves the job is Greg Cotton. He would be a great choice but I am just not sure what the rest of the Goodpasture Community will think about it.  If given a shot he will do well. Goodpasture will take a step back this season but by all indications, Cotton is doing a fantastic job of recruiting current students.  Goodpasture has to get their numbers up before success can be had.

I agree. He’s a great motivator and the kids love him. Kids will give more of themselves immediately to someone they love, respect and believe in than someone they aren’t familiar with. It takes a lot of time and work to get kids to buy into your system but if you are already there half the battle is over. 

On 4/18/2021 at 4:20 PM, MTSUSIG said:

Good call @MTSUSIG