Round 3: Oneida @ Meigs

crow

It’s always tough to beat a team twice, but I feel like my mighty Tigers have a hunger in their eyes that is not stopping till that trophy is in the case.... Oneida is a well coached team with great fans, but feelings aside, it’s playoff time baby.... take no prisoners!!!! Stay focused and come out with a passion and fire to accomplish the goal..... no more excuses, the time is NOW!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turu said:

Inside the numbers:

Oneida 8-4 Home 4-2, Away 4-2

Points for 284 (avg. 24) Points against 192 (avg 16)

Last 4 years 29-17

Meigs County 11-1 Home 8-0 Away 3-1.

Points for 469 (avg 39) Points against 83 (avg 7)

Last 4 years 46-5

Source coacht

I am going with the numbers. It is hard to beat a good team twice but Meigs is on a mission to get to Cookeville and I dont think they are going to be denied. 

Losing like they did the last couple years due in large part to injuries was difficult but I feel they are using it to their advantage as motivation this year and will make a deep playoff run all the way to Tech.

By the way we are not playing the Oneida fight song prior to the Natonal Anthem and making everyone stand for it. I didnt stand for it at Oneida either.

You guys in Oneida have a great football environment up there.

And dont bring that referee that was on our sideline that called several sideline warnings on us, multiple unsportsmanlike penalties, and took pride in arguing with our fans, players and coaches rather than officiating the game. He was the worst I saw all year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I am going with the numbers. It is hard to beat a good team twice but Meigs is on a mission to get to Cookeville and I dont think they are going to be denied. 

Losing like they did the last couple years due in large part to injuries was difficult but I feel they are using it to their advantage as motivation this year and will make a deep playoff run all the way to Tech.

By the way we are not playing the Oneida fight song prior to the Natonal Anthem and making everyone stand for it. I didnt stand for it at Oneida either.

And dont bring that referee that was on our sideline that called several sideline warnings on us, multiple unsportsmanlike penalties, and took pride in arguing with our fans, players and coaches rather than officiating the game. He was the worst I saw all year.

I'm sure the Meigs coaches are reminding the Seniors of that 9-8 quarterfinal loss to Rockwood at home in 2017. Beating a team once in the season doesn't guarantee a victory the second time, but overall Meigs is healthier than they were when they beat Oneida earlier in the season. Looks like it's going to be a wet night.

Edited by blitzinbuc

18 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Yeah  need to get that fight song on some antibiotics.  It had a horrifying stink to it.

43 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I'm sure the Meigs coaches are reminding the Seniors of that 9-8 quarterfinal loss to Rockwood at home in 2017. Beating a team once in the season doesn't guarantee a victory the second time, but overall Meigs is healthier than they were when they beat Oneida earlier in the season. Looks like it's going to be a wet night.

That game would have never been close if Swafford would not have gotten injured. They slammed Rockwood earlier that year with a healthy Swafford.  

He makes a tremendous difference on both sides of the ball.  Our backup this year is a great athlete but Swafford is a game changer.  I believe that without him we would have lost to GB and Oneida this year and probably Sweetwater also.

If he goes down it changes everything. 

57 minutes ago, RunnerUp said:

As I saw the first game it seemed like Oneida had one their best games against us. I dont feel like we like we had a great game. I think it could go one of 2 ways. A great game or Meigs will show out and dominate. 

Oneida does that to teams!Coaching makes all the difference.They have an outstanding defensive minded coach...Now if he would come over to the darkside and get someone who knows offense they would be in the mix EVERY year!