Round 3: Oneida @ Meigs

crow

13 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

That game would have never been close if Swafford would not have gotten injured. They slammed Rockwood earlier that year with a healthy Swafford.  

He makes a tremendous difference on both sides of the ball.  Our backup this year is a great athlete but Swafford is a game changer.  I believe that without him we would have lost to GB and Oneida this year and probably Sweetwater also.

If he goes down it changes everything. 

Your post is spot on!

Should be a good game, offensively we struggled last game until the 4th qtr where we broke it loose for some long runs. Defensively we had a good game and was able to hold. Our offensive and defensive effort against South Greene is what we need to win this game. It was a great effort on both sides of the ball. Obviously Swafford had a good game as he usually does, but so many other players had great plays and runs and catches offensively we looked like a complete team and not a one a team who leans on one player so much. It's nice to share the load some. Have to give more props to Will Meadows. Hes getting better every game and is definitely someone to be aware of. Our line is looking like it has improved some lately as well. Great to be a Tiger.

4 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

Not sure what to think about the forecasted rain. On one hand, it could make it harder to tackle Aaron, but on the other hand, it could make us a little one dimensional. It won’t affect Oneida much considering they don’t throw it. 

Eh, I’m probably overthinking it. 

Just play the game!

5 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

Not sure what to think about the forecasted rain. On one hand, it could make it harder to tackle Aaron, but on the other hand, it could make us a little one dimensional. It won’t affect Oneida much considering they don’t throw it. 

Eh, I’m probably overthinking it. 

Our guys looked pretty good the last time it rained. They held on to the ball pretty well, got in a couple nice short passes, spreaded the ball around nicely and even caused several turnovers.  It was against Polk so you cant really say much about the quality of opponent but they looked good in the mud.

Edited by Tiger2

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Should be a good game, offensively we struggled last game until the 4th qtr where we broke it loose for some long runs. Defensively we had a good game and was able to hold. Our offensive and defensive effort against South Greene is what we need to win this game. It was a great effort on both sides of the ball. Obviously Swafford had a good game as he usually does, but so many other players had great plays and runs and catches offensively we looked like a complete team and not a one a team who leans on one player so much. It's nice to share the load some. Have to give more props to Will Meadows. Hes getting better every game and is definitely someone to be aware of. Our line is looking like it has improved some lately as well. Great to be a Tiger.

Yeti is on target. Meigs has grown as a team and has several good athletes that have the ability to change a game.

On D oneida better watch out for #'s 1, 8, 21, 32, 40, 55 and 60. They all got the ability to get to the QB and they hit hard.  I dont see any of them backing down from that hard running # 5 who is a solid all around back.

On Offense you need to worry about 2,4,9,15, 23, and 34. They all got the ability to take it to the end zone on any given play whether it be out of the backfield, on a screen pass, or with the deep ball. 

They all got this kid who wears #19 I think. He is pretty good also.

I hope that doesnt scare all you Onrida fans away Friday night. 

I just think with Swafford and the rest of those feisty Tigers they got to much for Oneida

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Oneida does that to teams!Coaching makes all the difference.They have an outstanding defensive minded coach...Now if he would come over to the darkside and get someone who knows offense they would be in the mix EVERY year!

Oneida is defense. They have the best defense in our region and probably the east side of the state. Hopefully, this game we can find ways to score some early. 

2 minutes ago, kazam37 said:

Certainly the edge is with Meigs Co., but Lambo will show up with his boys ready to play.  The paper victory has already been decided....but at least they still play the one on the field.   There, anything can happen.....!!  I would be surprised if the Tribe isn't ready to play.

Kazzy

They are always ready. We need to show them something they havent seen. :ph34r: hard to scheme something that you havent faced before.