Round 3: Oneida @ Meigs

crow

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Might have been a weak penalty, but it was a penalty nonetheless. Should it cost someone a game? Well it should cost them yards, and it should cost them a down otherwise why do we pay refs in the first place? I feel like it was a good call in all honesty. He was paid to do a job and he did what he was paid to do. Shame it took a win from Hampton, but it was a player that cost the penalty by not abiding by the rules that everyone else has to adhere to and not the refs for doing his job. 

It was a terrible call, Yeti. There’s no way to justify it. You could make the argument that they were close enough to score again, even after the penalty, but they should have been kicking off and playing defense after that play. I won’t say that one single play lost them the game, but it sure didn’t do them any favors. Just a terrible call. 

11 minutes ago, crow said:

You can say that, I cannot lol

If you mean the truth, yes sir I said it. Kids are all trained from day one of football what NOT to do. You can't help going up against superior talent and getting beat. You can however not penalize yourself and your team by being in control of actions during a game. 

Edited by Imthayeti

Just now, TigerNation said:

It was a terrible call, Yeti. There’s no way to justify it. You could make the argument that they were close enough to score again, even after the penalty, but they should have been kicking off and playing defense after that play. I won’t say that one single play lost them the game, but it sure didn’t do them any favors. Just a terrible call. 

I understand what your saying man, I'm not saying I'd have made the call. If that was a first quarter call it wouldnt have even been a topic really. It's just a shame all the way around that it happened in that instance. 

Just now, Imthayeti said:

I understand what your saying man, I'm not saying I'd have made the call. If that was a first quarter call it wouldnt have even been a topic really. It's just a shame all the way around that it happened in that instance. 

If there were really twenty penalties on Hampton then there’s you’re reason, not just that one. I’m telling you though I’ve seen the play and it’s just not a penalty. 

16 minutes ago, crow said:

I said it after meigs (we lost), Gb (we lost), upperman (we lost) and coalfield  (we lost) that there's a reason there's only 1 stat on the scoreboard. I hate there was controversy over our win at Hampton but at the end of the day we didn't throw the flag and we didn't make the unnecessary block to give the official the opportunity to throw the flag. If they were far and away superior to us on both sides the why are we stuck on 1 of their 60 offensive plays? That's not a shot, that's being honest. Pujo said it himself before the game, not much difference between these 2 teams and he was right. Both very similar. We're not gonna beat meigs scoring 7 or lessagainst them. Hampton wouldn't beat them with 100 plus penalty yards. I'm not saying either scenario is guaranteed but historically that's the way we both have performed to this point. Anything else about the Hampton game let's try to jump back to that thread, I'm sure there's plenty of people that don't wanna have to plow through this kind of stuff to talk about Fridays game. 

I agree,it is what it is.Tough for sure but we move on. I just hate that it takes away from the win. You all have had an extremely tough road to get to where you're at and credit needs to be given in my opinion!

2 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

If there were really twenty penalties on Hampton then there’s you’re reason, not just that one. I’m telling you though I’ve seen the play and it’s just not a penalty. 

The play was redone, and next play Hampton was intercepted yeah?

15 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

24 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

The 20 penalties was not right either, counting the one that brought the score back, they had 4 at the end.