Round 3 Greeneville @ Betsy

DevilMan03

9 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

I see Fritz is embarrassing himself again. How can you say Greeneville isn’t part of Region 1 and never give them coverage or any credit whatsoever? This guy is a joke

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Football/2019/11/25/District-1-still-searching-for-football-state-title.html?ci=stream&lp=5&p=

The man needs to quit covering sports.  I guess Greeneville's 2 titles when playing in District 1 didn't count the last 2 years :rolleyes:

Edited by Swipes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, lawnman said:

BVD watched your live stream because I had to be with family and appreciate the kind words about Betsy and really looking forward to seeing the video your going to do about the senior players at Greeneville.Hope you get to feeling better soon.

thanks lawn. Not sure when i'll get that one done, but it wont be too much longer before i surely get whatevers wrong with me figured out and fixed.....as for that numb nutz ( can i say that on here) working for the press, it appears to me that its safe to say that guy is a "Fritz for brains"

On 11/26/2019 at 4:43 PM, blazer1set said:

Well, if nothing else you can always count on the Boone game as a win next year.    For the life of me I just do not know why our coaches keep scheduling Greeneville, Elizabethton, DB, etc.          But Greeneville has something special, even without Ballard 1, so I expect them to get it turned around this off season and be back in the thick or things next season.

blazer, your comment here at the end is a prime example of what a decade of domination and demolition of a region and classification can do to/for a program.....when you said "get it turned around" and "be back in the thick of things" I actually LOL'd. First, IMO, there's nothing to get turned around. Although 10-3 isnt what alot of us were hoping for, it still has to be considered a great year. 10 wins and a quarter final appearance 12 or more years ago here would have been considered an outstanding year. I dont see Greeneville finishing anything worse than 1st or 2nd in this region for the foreseeable future, even with Betsy looking like they appear to be poised to   be the "greeneville" of our region for a couple years. So, for that reason,  i would say we never left the thick of things. Think about this...this years team, despite all it lost , was STILL only 5 points away from another perfect regular season and had the wheels not gotten a bit wobbly in the second half of betsy game one, betsy game 2 would have been held in Burley and just like Citizens Bank stadium, I think the comfort and atmosphere of "HOME"  made a huge difference in both games. That said, I think its pretty safe to say say the track is still got a Devil on it and things are just as thick as ever for the Devils......

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, BVDevil said:

blazer, your comment here at the end is a prime example of what a decade of domination and demolition of a region and classification can do to/for a program.....when you said "get it turned around" and "be back in the thick of things" I actually LOL'd. First, IMO, there's nothing to get turned around. Although 10-3 isnt what alot of us were hoping for, it still has to be considered a great year. 10 wins and a quarter final appearance 12 or more years ago here would have been considered an outstanding year. I dont see Greeneville finishing anything worse than 1st or 2nd in this region for the foreseeable future, even with Betsy looking like they appear to be poised to   be the "greeneville" of our region for a couple years. So, for that reason,  i would say we never left the thick of things. Think about this...this years team, despite all it lost , was STILL only 5 points away from another perfect regular season and had the wheels not gotten a bit wobbly in the second half of betsy game one, betsy game 2 would have been held in Burley and just like Citizens Bank stadium, I think the comfort and atmosphere of "HOME"  made a huge difference in both games. That said, I think its pretty safe to say say the track is still got a Devil on it and things are just as thick as ever for the Devils......

For sure, BVD.     The GREENE is held to a different standard nowadays because of all the success in recent years.      I just wish we didn't have to keep playing you!