Round 3 Greeneville @ Betsy

DevilMan03

Ok here is what I know! The Cyclones are good, the Devils are good. You don’t get this far being average.  Devils won first half of last game and Cyclones won second half. Both teams playing at a high level right now. This game will come down to schemes on both sides of ball. And I’m sure all players, coaches and fans are nervous, if not your not human. Either way both teams will leave it on the field Friday night. Hope for a clean ,injury free game on both sides. I’ll go Cyclones by 7. This it what makes NET football great. G-Vegas and E-Town will all be at Citizens Bank stadium Friday night.

6 hours ago, greene4747 said:

Will this game be on TV?

I contacted WCYB after the first GHS-Betsy game and asked if they'd broadcast the playoff game if they met.  Here was the response I received on 10/21:

No, unfortunately the TSSAA will control that game. Our coverage ends this week with Crockett at Boone.

After watching the GHS-Anderson County game on channel 8(WVLT) out of Knoxville(it was also streamed on the internet), I sent this question:

I noticed that Channel 8 (WVLT) in Knoxville has continued their weekly high school telecasts into the playoffs. I watched Greeneville and Anderson County on 11/15, and they have another game scheduled for this coming Friday. Is there a reason the TSSAA will allow them to broadcast games, but won't allow WCYB to carry them? If so, I'd like to call them to voice a complaint. I guess my question is clarification as to whether the decision is with the TSSAA or with WCYB. Thanks

I'm curious to see what they say.

2 hours ago, B-Ball Fan said:

I contacted WCYB after the first GHS-Betsy game and asked if they'd broadcast the playoff game if they met.  Here was the response I received on 10/21:

No, unfortunately the TSSAA will control that game. Our coverage ends this week with Crockett at Boone.

After watching the GHS-Anderson County game on channel 8(WVLT) out of Knoxville(it was also streamed on the internet), I sent this question:

I noticed that Channel 8 (WVLT) in Knoxville has continued their weekly high school telecasts into the playoffs. I watched Greeneville and Anderson County on 11/15, and they have another game scheduled for this coming Friday. Is there a reason the TSSAA will allow them to broadcast games, but won't allow WCYB to carry them? If so, I'd like to call them to voice a complaint. I guess my question is clarification as to whether the decision is with the TSSAA or with WCYB. Thanks

I'm curious to see what they say.

Maybe its a money thing 

T$$AA

Wait......WHAT??? Betsy and Greeneville play a football game against eachother in the playoffs? How is that even possible? Doesn't Betsy always lose to Greeneville's female dog, Anderson County, in round two? (anyone notice AC actually has a female dog on their sideline wearing a lettermans jacket?) and yah, they've also go the cute choc. lab that runs out and fetches the tee every time they kick off.....wait, or is it BOTH times they kick off? darn it, see how this losing regular season games can mess a mans thinking up? wonder what gimmick they'll have next year? a 3 touchdown first quarter lead didnt help, greene monday didnt help, "L"uh, the tee fetching pooch was a failure. hockey masks and fireworks was no help. Shoot, them MAVS even got themselves a big set of "stones" this year and still couldnt get it done. So why am i having so much fun with AC on the Betsy thread? Because like everyone knows, Betsies season ALWAYS comes to an end in ROUND 2!!! have a good week of smack talk here boys. I'll be back next friday night to see whos MAUPIN the floor with whom, and who's TYing one on, because their MASON jar was filled with shine. Have a blessed week, best of luck to both of our boys teams and you chillun play nice with eachother.

It's tough to beat a good team twice and dang near impossible if that team is Greeneville. EHS has cranked it up a notch in the playoffs. Going from a 14-13 win to a blowout against the same team just a couple weeks removed shows EHS has the ability we all were hoping to see. The difference this season imo is that EHS has beaten Greeneville. They've won and know Greeneville can be beaten. Skill wise I think we have just as much talent as Greeneville does this year. Coaching is what this game will come down to along with whoever wins the turnover battle. I think EHS could come out and surprise everyone. Devil fans have every reason to be smug however EHS beat them once and proved it can be done. I feel if EHS keeps up this level of play that they've had since round 1 we can take this game. 

6 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

It's tough to beat a good team twice and dang near impossible if that team is Greeneville. EHS has cranked it up a notch in the playoffs. Going from a 14-13 win to a blowout against the same team just a couple weeks removed shows EHS has the ability we all were hoping to see. The difference this season imo is that EHS has beaten Greeneville. They've won and know Greeneville can be beaten. Skill wise I think we have just as much talent as Greeneville does this year. Coaching is what this game will come down to along with whoever wins the turnover battle. I think EHS could come out and surprise everyone. Devil fans have every reason to be smug however EHS beat them once and proved it can be done. I feel if EHS keeps up this level of play that they've had since round 1 we can take this game. 

Betsy Beat SS the way the should have. Same way Greeneville did as well except for letting them score.

Imo Betsy looks at this game like darn we gotta do it again? Are you kidding me? 
Edge Greeneville Imho

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

Betsy Beat SS the way the should have. Same way Greeneville did as well except for letting them score.

Imo Betsy looks at this game like darn we gotta do it again? Are you kidding me? 
Edge Greeneville Imho

Ok devilboy03 imo we're looking at this game like NO PROBLEM!!!! We beat them once so we'll beat them again. Worse this time!!! Us and the refs spotted you 14 pts. the last time. Be ready cause the storms a coming and its a CYCLONE!!!!!