Mairvul heads upp Eye-81

STARSNBARS

10 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I can't believe a Blackman fan coming on this thread to talk smack to Maryville fans.

Waco it's Compton, they just got that screen named banned after I showed out last year when they lost to Alcoa, not a Blackman fan, I'm a va high fan. I went to va high with Jaden fullen mom, I don't know how she left db last season and went to gate city because I believe they still lived in the kingsport city limits 

42 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

With 50% chance of rain Thursday night into most of the day Friday, will the DB band typically march in such weather? Asking for a friend.

At the risk of being skewered by football is sacred bunch, I'll attempt. Unless it is pouring a soaking rain, they will play.  Soaking rain damages some instruments so those could not participate.  They have been only doing selections from their upcoming Rose Parade appearance at half time recently so it is doubtful they will do either their halftime show or their competition show. But who knows.  Have your friend email the director and request the competition show.

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Life isn't a level playing field. Talent alone doesn't equal success. All the programs I mentioned have more than just talent, they've risen above the rest of their Classifications because they built their program the right way

Careful now.....that may be too much logic for our friend to comprehend. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Waco it's Compton, they just got that screen named banned after I showed out last year when they lost to Alcoa, not a Blackman fan, I'm a va high fan. I went to va high with Jaden fullen mom, I don't know how she left db last season and went to gate city because I believe they still lived in the kingsport city limits 

ummm, What?

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Correct. It's the first time and the last time I've responded to a topic like this. Just trying to help out...it's just mind-blowing that this continues in this day and age on a respected message board site like this. Can't we move on past all this? Let's have serious conversions with adult language and thoughtful comments. That's what this site is trying to accomplish. If all of you decide to continue this way, so be it...but it was just a sincere request on my part on behalf of many of us.

Is there a petition or something I don't know about?

Secret group? Like cool secret handshake and all? Tell me more.

https://www.timesnews.net/Football/2019/11/17/A-burning-question-for-Dobyns-Bennett-and-Elizabethton.html?ci=stream&lp=5&p=

Kingsport Times News is kinda sorta giving DB a chance.    I think the last sentence says it all.

DOBYNS-BENNETT’S PATH

The Indians started the season with a thunderous win over Tennessee High. It was an important step, posting notice that 2019 would not resemble 2018 in any way.

More wins followed as the Indians navigated their first eight games without a four-quarter challenge.

Adversity hit in the form of Science Hill in game No. 9. The Indians didn’t perform up to their established level, suffered the upset loss, and put themselves in position to lose grip of the top spot from Region 1.

Fortunately for the Indians, the potentially critical defeat was undone when the Hilltoppers couldn’t close out the league title. They lost in Week 11 to Bearden, which looked like a pretty good football team. The same Bulldogs showed up Friday night at J. Fred Johnson Stadium and tested the Tribe, carrying a 14-7 lead into halftime. But the Indians had their own case to present, owning the second half and keeping their season alive.

It was D-B’s first come-from-behind win since a 7-0 second-quarter deficit against Tennessee High, and it says a lot about the players and coaches. Trailing 14-7 at halftime in the playoffs — with no significant or recent history to say, “Hey, we’ve been here before, let’s do it again” — could be a scary place. But coach Joey Christian and his team didn’t panic, made halftime adjustments and won the football game.

Such steely nerves could come in handy if Maryville jumps ahead Friday.