Mairvul heads upp Eye-81

STARSNBARS

3 hours ago, OleMary said:

For all the hype that some put into this DB defense, they gave up 23 points to what in thought was a pretty anemic Science Hill and 21 to the worst Alcoee offense since 2011. 
Murvil is going to get their 28+ points, but I see no way that DB can hold serve on offense. 
This Murvil defense, at every position, is Alcoee’s equal. 
Enough football tawlk tho. 
Back to our regularly scheduled programming. 

DB also pitched 4 shutouts, so you still have to give the D some credit.    I have said this before on other threads, but DB has 2 very good defensive ends.   They know how to play contain, they do not overrun their lanes, they get to the backfield very quickly, have awesome lateral pursuit, and although they may not lead in tackles it is because they are so adept at routing the runners towards the core of the D.    Maryville must be aware of these DE's in their game plan.

DB's biggest challenge in this game is to walk out onto the field believing they can win.    Every player knows about Maryville's history, and a lot of them have already mentally conceded this game before it even starts, that is just human nature and keep in mind these are just knucklehead teenage kids.   And if any of us CoachT geniuses were playing on DB's team we would feel the same way.   It is up to the coaching staff to somehow break through that wall of mental negativity and have these guys believing they can win.     Now, even if they can somehow do that 100% on every player (which they can't), but if they could would it be enough?      History would say probably not, but I KNOW you cannot beat a team if you do not first believe it is possible.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

DB's biggest challenge in this game is to walk out onto the field believing they can win.    Every player knows about Maryville's history, and a lot of them have already mentally conceded this game before it even starts, that is just human nature and keep in mind these are just knucklehead teenage kids.   

I was a knuckhead teenager who thought I was going to win every time I stepped on the football field. 

And if the linemen would have blocked better, we would have! :rolleyes::roflol:

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

DB also pitched 4 shutouts, so you still have to give the D some credit.    I have said this before on other threads, but DB has 2 very good defensive ends.   They know how to play contain, they do not overrun their lanes, they get to the backfield very quickly, have awesome lateral pursuit, and although they may not lead in tackles it is because they are so adept at routing the runners towards the core of the D.    Maryville must be aware of these DE's in their game plan.

DB's biggest challenge in this game is to walk out onto the field believing they can win.    Every player knows about Maryville's history, and a lot of them have already mentally conceded this game before it even starts, that is just human nature and keep in mind these are just knucklehead teenage kids.   And if any of us CoachT geniuses were playing on DB's team we would feel the same way.   It is up to the coaching staff to somehow break through that wall of mental negativity and have these guys believing they can win.     Now, even if they can somehow do that 100% on every player (which they can't), but if they could would it be enough?      History would say probably not, but I KNOW you cannot beat a team if you do not first believe it is possible.

If I were going forced to pick a score for this game, I would say Maryville 42-7.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Adolfo-Hitler-enojado-001.jpg

Does the TSSAA not "own" the playoffs. They promote the NFHS Network like crazy and then they let the host school decide. In another state that I am familiar with, if it is student run, they waive the fee.

"The NFHS Network owns the video rights to all OSSAA Playoff contests regardless of sport. Anyone interested in live streaming video from an OSSAA Football Playoff game must fill out the form found on the Football Page of the OSSAA website and send the form to OSSAA Media Director Van Shea Iven, vsiven@ossaa.com , for approval. The $200 fee will be waived for all student-based school broadcasts." 

Source: http://www.ossaa.net/docs/2019-20/Football/FB_2019-20_PlayoffInformation.pdf

From TSSAA:

Video / Videostream / Radio / Press - The game director shall make necessary arrangements for press and radio.

1. Any media entity, or school wishing to videostream or tape delay broadcast any football playoff games must submit their request to the TSSAA in writing. The request must be submitted at least three days prior to the event in question. This includes state championship events.
    1. If such permission is granted for a live videostream for the football playoffs, a fee of $750 will be paid to the game director and shall be included as part of the gate receipts.
    2. If such permission is granted for a 24-hour tape delay telecast for the football playoffs, a fee of $250 will be paid to the game director and shall be included as part of the gate receipts.

Source: https://tssaa.org/football-play-off-game-director-and-participating-team-instructions