Mairvul heads upp Eye-81

STARSNBARS

3 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

One never stomps the Indian head emblazoned on the field. It has been known to turn even matchups into routs. So, it could turn this probable rout into a more even game. :popcorneater:

MARYVILLE doesn’t act like that

5 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

It drew you out didn't it?  he he.

On the ouside chance that the Indians feel their "Indian" has been stepped on, go tribe.

Are you gonna be at the game?

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

If I were going forced to pick a score for this game, I would say Maryville 42-7.

I'd say that sounds about like a vast majority of the Maryville scores in games they are a favorite to win.Its not because they couldn't win some of them by probably a 100, it's because Maryville is a class program .At this point of the playoffs,every team is dangerous and especially if the weather is crap like their calling for friday. Nobody is going to overlook another team and that most definitely includes this Maryville staff . This is the best overall staff DB has had in my years of watching them and that's not saying there hasn't been some fine coaches like Watson,Holt and a few more,but this is a very good group of coaches.Nobody has the overall coaching staff and players that Maryville has in East Tennessee but if DB can get similar talent that they have had over the years going forward,I like their chances of becoming much more like this great Maryville program on a yearly basis.Big goals but as at my old school in Greeneville,it can be done in NET, at least on a scale that is very nice and brings pride back to the whole area.Elizabethton is already knocking on the same door,so maybe the Tribe can get there as well .

Edited by BatmanDB

55 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

I'd say that sounds about like a vast majority of the Maryville scores in games they are a favorite to win.Its not because they couldn't win some of them by probably a 100, it's because Maryville is a class program .At this point of the playoffs,every team is dangerous and especially if the weather is crap like their calling for friday. Nobody is going to overlook another team and that most definitely includes this Maryville staff . This is the best overall staff DB has had in my years of watching them and that's not saying there hasn't been some fine coaches like Watson,Holt and a few more,but this is a very good group of coaches.Nobody has the overall coaching staff and players that Maryville has in East Tennessee but if DB can get similar talent that they have had over the years going forward,I like their chances of becoming much more like this great Maryville program on a yearly basis.Big goals but as at my old school in Greeneville,it can be done in NET, at least on a scale that is very nice and brings pride back to the whole area.Elizabethton is already knocking on the same door,so maybe the Tribe can get there as well .

You are 100% correct Batman. Before the season started many including myself were saying this was going to be a 2 - 8 team. We weren't seeing what was going on during the off season and spring. The hard work by the staff and players turned that 2 - 8 team into a 10 - 2 team. I think with the good returning class and another year under this really good staff next year will be even better. Two things need to happen in the future to get to Maryville's level. Get better coaching in the little leagues, and get those "athletes" walking the halls interested in football.

20 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

...... and get those "athletes" walking the halls interested in football.

If you ever figure out how to do this let us know.    Boone has some amazing athletes who will not play football because they are going to play (baseball, basketball, track, etc.) in college.       Probably the bigger the school the more guys roaming the halls who could be playing.      I have given up over the years on Boone, we will just have to be satisfied with the guys who want to play football and do the best with what we have.

16 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

If you ever figure out how to do this let us know.    Boone has some amazing athletes who will not play football because they are going to play (baseball, basketball, track, etc.) in college.       Probably the bigger the school the more guys roaming the halls who could be playing.      I have given up over the years on Boone, we will just have to be satisfied with the guys who want to play football and do the best with what we have.

Coaching staff has everything to do with it. Get them started in the little leagues, keep tabs on them in middle school and have a winning high school program. Everybody want to be part of a winner.