Mairvul heads upp Eye-81

STARSNBARS

7 hours ago, blazer1set said:

From the JC Press:     https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Football/2019/11/18/Four-reasons-for-four-teams-to-believe.html?ci=stream&lp=5&p=

WHY D-B SHOULD WIN

Tradition

The Indians have been in the playoffs 26 times in the last 27 years, reaching the quarterfinals nine times and the semifinals four times.

Road game for Maryville

Dating back to 2015, Maryville is 16-0 when playing at home in the playoffs. In true road games, the Rebels are 0-2 in that stretch.

J. Fred Johnson

D-B has the only stadium north of Knoxville that could actually put intimidation on the other foot. A big crowd could give the Tribe an edge.

Defense

The Indians have held six opponents to one score or less with four shutouts.

WHY MARYVILLE SHOULD WIN

Tradition

The Rebels have won 16 state championships, dating back to the Ted Wilson days in the 1970s. The Rebels have reached the finals 16 times in the last 19 years.

Efficiency

Maryville has scored between 42 and 49 points seven times in 12 games. They have scored at least 30 points in every game but one.

Defense

The Rebels have posted four shutouts in their last five games.

Comparative scores

Maryville beat Science Hill (42-0) and Alcoa (17-3) while D-B lost to Alcoa (21-6) and Science Hill (23-17).

Doesn't mean anything!!!....The Indians will be ready and has a few things in store.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

How bad do you feel the turnout for D-B crowd would be if it rained that night of the game.. I was really surprised that there wasn't no more than what came to Alcoa for a school that has a pretty good home crowd.

Right now, weather apps are calling for 0 to 20% chance of rain between 7 and 10pm.  Nope its true.  Heavy rain ends about 5pm.

Home crowds are normally real good, especially playoffs. The lower deck is normally packed plus full end zones.   Rain will definitely impact it. Upper deck is so expensive that half full is good. Maybe 1/3 off normal with rain.   Lots of grandmas go to games.  They just won't risk pneumonia in the rain this late in the season.

Edited by DBGRAD70

1 hour ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Right now, weather apps are calling for 0 to 20% chance of rain between 7 and 10pm.  Nope its true.  Heavy rain ends about 5pm.

Home crowds are normally real good, especially playoffs. The lower deck is normally packed plus full end zones.   Rain will definitely impact it. Upper deck is so expensive that half full is good. Maybe 1/3 off normal with rain.   Lots of grandmas go to games.  They just won't risk pneumonia in the rain this late in the season.

You would think that the price for seats in the upper deck would be closer to the same price.I wouldn't have traded the lower deck seats I had for years " five for one". I had several seats together along the top row in the far corner.With the extra space where they had taken out a row of seats ,I could rig up a hillbilly set of box seats with a tarp during the game if it rained.The new upperdeck took care of that with a row of steps up that side .I always thought they should have built a new home side with the sun at our backs and just make a new baseball stadium on the other side of center street along with the walkover they also never built.So it would be safe for students coming to and from school as well as student athletes who compete over there in different sports.

Edited by BatmanDB

I do know one thing ... DBS chances at possibly even keeping this game closer than most might be over because of all the chaos , petitions , students not even going close to DB the rest of the week/ and social media saying Don't allow your kid at school Friday (because something is going to happen ) .........:

I think Focus is out the door with the players/ team from what all everyone is saying or doing at DB due to the "Note" and what transpired WED !!

1 hour ago, kingindian33 said:

Is it possible that TSAA will get involved and move this game if threats loom ??

It's terrorism .More security at all of our schools and everywhere is needed.We spend billions all over the world and what's more important then our own  kids as well as family members that work in these schools ? These punks have to be stopped and our kids and family members have to feel safe at school or anywhere they go.If we move the game time or location,it will give them even more power .I don't have the answer but our government from local up to DC needs to get on board with what really matters .

5 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

You would think that the price for seats in the upper deck would be closer to the same price.I wouldn't have traded the lower deck seats I had for years " five for one". I had several seats together along the top row in the far corner.With the extra space where they had taken out a row of seats ,I could rig up a hillbilly set of box seats with a tarp during the game if it rained.The new upperdeck took care of that with a row of steps up that side .I always thought they should have built a new home side with the sun at our backs and just make a new baseball stadium on the other side of center street along with the walkover they also never built.So it would be safe for students coming to and from school as well as student athletes who compete over there in different sports.

I have to say from a visitors point of view that the away side has to be the corniest looking setup I've ever seen and especially for a school of that size. On top of everything is a dirt baseball infield in the endzone. I'm guessing that would look like a pigpen the way it's supposed to rain before the game unless they have a tarp. Not a very well thought out setup. The best seat they have to offer a visitor with any height starts at the 35 and not stopping until your 5 or 10 yards behind the endzone. Then they have these three little sections they drag out that looks like a couple of short buses would fill them up. Long way to drive from Maryville to get out and feel like someone is playing a big joke on you. That in itself is why a lot of people would want to stay home and watch it being streamed as to drive that far finding yourself setting in the endzone. 

6 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

You would think that the price for seats in the upper deck would be closer to the same price.I

The upper deck is not what its cracked up to be.  I tried it one time and was given tickets once.  You just feel too far from the game.  I prefer the lower seats.  We had reserved seats for about 10 years on the 40 about half way up on the score board end.  They were great.

4 hours ago, kingindian33 said:

students not even going close to DB the rest of the week/ and social media saying Don't allow your kid at school Friday (because something is going to happen ) .........:

I think Focus is out the door with the players/ team from what all everyone is saying or doing at DB due to the "Note" and what transpired WED !!

The official statement this morning from the police chief is that there was a heavy police presence Wednesday morning due to the note.  Then there was a dryer fire in one of the Vocational buildings that caused an evacuation from that building only. But the alarms panicked the students and their family and social media went crazy with lies.  There was no shooter.  Only a rumor in social media that someone saw 2 people with guns on the other side of Center street.  Nothing to any of that.  I hate Facebook for the lies that are rampant there. There will be a heavy police presence the rest of the week and guaranteed at the game.

ADVICE to the Maryville folks from me.  Go online and see what the stadium rules are about what you can carry in.  NO large pocket books, back packs etc.  Use clear bags if you carry anything bulky in. Read the rules and make entry easy.  There is plenty to eat and drink inside.  Visitor side has concessions.

RAIN: according to WCYB News 5 there should be zero rain Friday evening.  Rain ends late Friday afternoon and will not start back until about 6am Saturday.  Temperatures in the 50s will make this a great night for football.  I hope that all sticks.

Regarding why visitor seating is weird.  There is a baseball diamond on the right end of the field that is turf.  It blends into the football field.  The bleachers are not designed to sit on the turf so they end before they intrude on the baseball turf.

Edited by DBGRAD70
update

24 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Regarding why visitor seating is weird.  There is a baseball diamond on the right end of the field that is turf.  It blends into the football field.  The bleachers are not designed to sit on the turf so they end before they intrude on the baseball turf.

Thanks for the explanation.  Thought maybe y'all were expecting to score a lot in that particular end zone ;)