Mairvul heads upp Eye-81

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I hate sounding so impolite to the Kingsport fans but I'm a 50 yard line type guy and even if I traveled the long trip there and got that seat I would have to be the first person in the gate to get it. Also the height of the last row on those little softball park bleachers is the equivalent of setting on the second row at a Maryville home game. What a mell of a hess you all have for the visitor side. Makes you feel like the redheaded stepchild that has to sleep out on the porch and looking across the field at the rest of the family inside.

Sit on the DB side there will be plenty of room, no umbrellas, but bring snacks

9 minutes ago, dbfanforlife said:

Sit on the DB side there will be plenty of room, no umbrellas, but bring snacks

I actually have a great group of friends that set on the visitor side every game and swear it's the most fun they have ever had going to a Maryville contest setting with the enemy and picking up on the things they would say. I had planned on doing that this year after dumping the tickets I've had forever then all the sudden I was on the computer looking at all the seats that hadn't sold and one of the best ten seats you could have in the stadium was available and I couldn't miss that opportunity. It was nice a few weeks ago when it was pouring rain and I was under cover not getting the first drop of water on me while the rest of the place wasn't that fortunate. Very blessed to have those seats and some of the great people setting around also. One of my favorite games of all time was setting on the Clinton side of the field because they didn't have enough visitor seating and after halftime everyone got up and started leaving.  I ask why and one man told me they all only come to see the band. Then all the cheerleaders started throwing little plastic footballs into the stands and I must of got half a dozen because I was the only one setting within 15 feet of where they were throwing them.

Just now, blazer1set said:

Since this thread is starting to deviate away from football, here is a public service announcement for our Maryville friends who are coming to Kingsport tomorrow under the clever guise of watching a football game.....

jfred.png

Since you can't click on it and make it big, are you telling Red Rebel fans not to park at the school, but to walk across a busy highway? I always get there early and park to the side of the stadium. 

6 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

The upper deck is not what its cracked up to be.  I tried it one time and was given tickets once.  You just feel too far from the game.  I prefer the lower seats.  We had reserved seats for about 10 years on the 40 about half way up on the score board end.  They were great.

The official statement this morning from the police chief is that there was a heavy police presence Wednesday morning due to the note.  Then there was a dryer fire in one of the Vocational buildings that caused an evacuation from that building only. But the alarms panicked the students and their family and social media went crazy with lies.  There was no shooter.  Only a rumor in social media that someone saw 2 people with guns on the other side of Center street.  Nothing to any of that.  I hate Facebook for the lies that are rampant there. There will be a heavy police presence the rest of the week and guaranteed at the game.

ADVICE to the Maryville folks from me.  Go online and see what the stadium rules are about what you can carry in.  NO large pocket books, back packs etc.  Use clear bags if you carry anything bulky in. Read the rules and make entry easy.  There is plenty to eat and drink inside.  Visitor side has concessions.

RAIN: according to WCYB News 5 there should be zero rain Friday evening.  Rain ends late Friday afternoon and will not start back until about 6am Saturday.  Temperatures in the 50s will make this a great night for football.  I hope that all sticks.

Regarding why visitor seating is weird.  There is a baseball diamond on the right end of the field that is turf.  It blends into the football field.  The bleachers are not designed to sit on the turf so they end before they intrude on the baseball turf.

Considering the forecast, you forgot the most important item you're not allowed to bring in... an umbrella!

I saw someone at the Oak Ridge game that got turned away for trying to bring one in.